ad: k1jek

Petition on amateur antennas to UK Parliament launched

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by MW1CFN, Aug 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

So do I.

The influences from and association with CB have destroyed both the quality and the reputation of amateur radio.

Our cause has become even more difficult as amateur radio today has exactly zero relevance in the eyes of the authorities.

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    K4KYV likes this.
  2. G6FLW

G6FLW Ham Member QRZ Page

@2E0WMG : For me the wording that immediately killed this petition off even before I'd finished reading it was the inclusion of citizen band antnennas. I think if the petitioner had stuck to Government approved Licenced Amateur Radio operators there might have been some potential for a relaxation or modification of the current planning laws for ham operators in low density or semi rural areas that are not declared to be AONB. But you are right - there's no way that the blanket removal of planning permission regulations is ever likely to be discussed or approved. You'll get no flames from me but I've signed it nevertheless - it'll be interesting to follow its trajectory, should it ever reach 10k signatories.

2E0WMG likes this.
  3. G4IYK

G4IYK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

On the other hand, they do have the same problems.

4. G0MIT

G0MIT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

5. G8PNE

G8PNE Ham Member QRZ Page

6. GW1HNG

GW1HNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Signed and passed on to others to sign.

7. GW6CZE

GW6CZE Ham Member QRZ Page

Peeing in the wind .At 10,000 they have to respond it needs 100,000 for them to consider debating it,which in effect means they wont.Are there 100,000 hams in the uk DUH NO there is not. The actual figures are wrong as a lot of UK hams hang onto there old call signs holding 2 calls which mess up the figures.We have a hasty badly conceived licencing system with access to all bands and only an unpolicable power restriction that no one takes any notice of.Looking at all the unsafe instalations that the clown band users erected you can see why our archaic planning laws are there.Yes i did sign it before anyone has a pop at me. I stick up what i like and wait and see who complains,there are also 3 with towers round me that dont have planning .The problem is the RSGB are totally gutless and to afraid to take on parliment.

G7DAZ likes this.
  8. CD6GPH

CD6GPH Ham Member QRZ Page

Muy interesante el tema.
    Puedo informarle que en mi país es decir en Chile, ya está prohibido cantar con torres y más temprano para montar una antena, claro digo en condominios y edificios con modernidad u actual.
    También puedo decir que en verdad no contamos con el respaldo de las autoridades pertinentes

En mi caso, no tengo ningún problema con mis vecinos ya que tiene una torre autosópica de 12 metros de altura a la que tengo mi antena D40 de cushcraft.

Un saludo y buena suerte. CA6GPH

9. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

I would love to see a ban on golf clubs been carried about any where. They should be classed as dangerous weapons, only to be used to bang in antenna mast guy pegs etc. I know this sounds ridicules, but if a law was brought out restricting the use of or carrying golf clubs about. There would be hell on. The other alternative is ban all mobile telephone antenna towers and let's go rely daft.What about HV electricity pylons. Why should they be allowed to obstruct our beautiful country side. G0WXU.

G4IYK and CD6GPH like this.
  10. G1TPA

G1TPA Ham Member QRZ Page

The RSGB are a publishing company (RSGB Publishing LTD) whose sole purpose is to make money selling stuff, they are but a small voice in amateur radio in the UK and of the many thousands of pounds they make each year only a minute fraction is put towards furtherance of the hobby (have a look at their accounts) In any case they are a dog with no teeth with no more power over legislation than the AA or RAC have over driving laws. I wish it was different but that is the case and yes I am a RSGB member (only for the use of their QSL bureau)

11. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Another way of expressing this is to say that the CB:ers themselves are a problem...

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

12. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

Do not forget to send your local MP notification that you have signed the petition. Come on everybody get your name down on the list of petitioners. It is about time this hobby of ours was given the chance it needs for the use of efficient antennas to communicate. G0WXU.

13. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think your situation is interesting for us too. It makes me apprehensive. Generally these are problems that subsequently spread like wildfire to all countries. In my part the CB have only caused damage (many of them have also become amateur radio without adequate preparation) but now people look at the CB as radio amateurs. Sadness.
    Keep us informed. Thanks.

Max IK0TIX

14. W3LES

W3LES Ham Member QRZ Page

GOOD LUCK, We here Haven't a Chance in heck ....It's not important to the goofs we put in Office!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  15. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Banning antennas and imposing unreasonable restrictions on them is a disease that keeps spreading. You know there's actually no particular valid practical reason to disallow outdoor amateur radio antennas?

Radio Amateurs have been using outdoor antennas for over 100 years. Suddenly now there's some kind of problem with them?

Trust me, I would if I could. However, I do fully support this endeavor in principle. Good luck.

K4KYV likes this.