ad: ProAudio-1

Petition: 2 metre amateur band must be kept

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jun 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1IER

N1IER XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Won't accept postal code.

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

OM, the petition is in the UK. EU or US need not apply.

3. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

well I hope "they" or "we" dont loose it. Theres loads of activity on satellites that use 2M uplinks & downlinks. While visiting BC 2x now I have checked in their Island net system numerous times. I must say their repeaters are used quite a bit all day with regular nets that would include boating nets. Its very impressive. Here there is a local net every night on one or more repeaters. Most are silent except for Canwarn activity. One of the new local repeaters have fair activity levels. If i'm not mistaken the London, ON has tied in with the local emergency group and conducted comm tests. I imagine other centers may have as well.
    Years ago a friend of mine now SK, was adimate that the powers to be were after 2M & 440. Almost everytime I visited him he would tell me the same thing - use it or loose it. Most of the city fire & pd is up on 860Mhz with rural fd & assorted utilities above 2M, the freqs from avaition up to the bottom of 144mhz is pretty packed as well.
    With all the new technology I cant see why the Aero Service wouldnt want something other than 2M, I thought certain aircomms were going satellite, them wanting 2m seems a bit backwards to me.