ad: elecraft

Patty Loveless license cancelled :(

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by KE5FRF, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member

KD4WUJ

Maybe protesting no-code?

I'm kind of proud that some celebrities with their busy lives in the spotlight find amateur radio interesting enough to participate in. Usually, I don't care much about celebrities. They're Just people. But the ones who have an interest in our fine hobby are special IMHO. Sure is a shame to see her cancel her ticket. Could it be that she just upgraded or changed her callsign? I hope that's the case.

2. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member

BTW, I'm not e-stalking her. I was talking about celebrity hams at work with a friend and googled "Patty Loveless + Ham" to get her call to show the friend her QRZ bio and found it was no longer in the database.

3. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member

Oh admit it, you think she's HAWT!

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member

Maybe she wants to love MORE

5. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member

If she changed her call, it would show up here.

I have a feeling she actively cancelled it.

I, too am interested to see if it was because of dumbed down licenses.

6. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member

Well, that is for certain, but I'm not an SSTV or ATV operator, so I doubt I'll be "seeing" any ham celebrities on the air soon. Too bad about the music regulation, I wouldn't have minded hearing her sing on 75 meter phone!

7. K3STX

K3STX Ham Member

How in the world did you figure this out?

paul

8. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member

Looks like she actively canceled it.

Check it out in ULS.

Federal Communications Commission
    Wireless Telecommunications Bureau
    1270 Fairfield Road
    Gettysburg, PA 17325-7245
    KD4WUJ HA 0002970230

RAMEY, PATTY L
    ATTN: PATTY L RAMEY
    RAMEY, PATTY L
    PO BOX 624
    DALLAS, GA 30132

Date: 04/04/2007

Reference No.: 4500665

NOTICE OF LICENSE CANCELLATION

Re:
    Per your request, the Commission has CANCELLED the following license effective 04/03/2007
    Call Sign Radio Service File Number Market Area
    If you believe an error has occurred, please notify the Commission immediately in writing.
    Correspondence should include a copy of this notice and be mailed to the address of the letterhead.
    Overnight couriers and hand deliveries should be sent to the Federal Communications Commission, 1280
    Fairfield Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325.
    Additional information or assistance is available at website http://esupport.fcc.gov. You may also call
    FCC Support Center at (877) 480-3201 (TTY 717-338-2824). To provide quality service and ensure
    security, all telephone calls are recorded.
    FCC 697
    January 2007

9. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member

Figure out what?

You mean that she canceled her license?

It's on the FCC ULS website.

10. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member

Easy. As I said, I googled her name PLUS ham radio. Those two search engine keywords brought up an ARRL article about her activities a year or two ago promoting amateur radio, and included her callsign. I then looked up the call in the database and there it was. It does seem strange, especially with her celebrity endorsements with the ARRL, for her to abandon the hobby, actively cancelling her callsign instead of just letting it expire. Maybe she moved to a new home and decided she didn't want her personal information to be public. Maybe she has had stalkers. It could be almost anything, but it does seem odd, especially the timing. She had a NOVICE license, so she must have been a CW op.

11. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member

I doubt it. She could use a P.O. box if she wanted privacy.

12. KN4DS

KN4DS XML Subscriber

The address in the ULS is a P.O. Box.

13. WD0CT

WD0CT Ham Member

She probably read qrz forums for a couple weeks and decided wtf.

14. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member

Her husband's license seems to be MIA also.

15. KN4DS

KN4DS XML Subscriber

Yeah... cancelled 10/20/06

16. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member

She's also not signed to Epic records anymore, and isn't on the road either.

Maybe she and her husband just want to escape from the world.

17. KN4DS

KN4DS XML Subscriber

Just a minor country music star, distant cousin to Loretta Lynn and Crystal Gayle. She never had the popular success of her cousins, but she's always had a very loyal fan base.

I like some of her stuff... but I'm not a huge fan.

As for why we should care... <shrug> I dunno that we should. Just an interesting break from screaming about who's right/wrong on the Winlink thing, and all the flung dung about 75m.

18. KD7MSC

KD7MSC Ham Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

19. N5FOG

N5FOG Ham Member

A quick look at her license history will show support to the opposite.

If you look she got her Novice back in 1993 and just sat as a novice till her ticket was canceled.

If she was that serious about ham radio to be upset enough to cancel her ticket over the so called "dumbing down" of test standards she would have advanced her license instead of just sitting as a novice.

She could have easily taken the tech test and become a tech plus and would not have any shame from the "dumbing down" crowd. But she didn't, she sat as novice for 14 years.

And has anyone ever heard her on the air ?? I doubt it, if some had I'm sure they would be telling everyone.

If you look in the database you will find her husband W4WRO is old 20 wpm extra class ham.

I think she like allot of YLs who have ham radio husbands got her ticket so she could play radio once in a while and share a hobby with her husband.

From the what I can find on google, if looks like her husband was really into ham radio and was a contester.

I don't think someone who has put as many years as her husband has in ham radio is just going to pack up and go over a change in test standards especially a contester.

Now if she would have canceled her license a year earlier would you're speculation still be the same?

Or is it your personal view/bias of the the test standards situation that made this the only theory you threw out there ??

Maybe her husband got burned out and she decided to join
    him.

FOG

20. KD7MSC

KD7MSC Ham Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

Dont think she would fit in at a HamFest

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.