ad: ProAudio-1

Pathfinder issue

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by W7PSK, Aug 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W7PSK

W7PSK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Using XML lookup with Pathfinder and Ive run into a couple of issues. Did the XML test and that is working fine.

If I log into the page with Explorer/edge I'm fine no ads no issues. Pathfinder how ever, which is a Explorer 11 emulation, I log in and receive all the ads plus I'm receiving Constant Security Certificate popups from btrll.com, yashi.com ETC that wont take no for an answer for several clicks, sometimes even crashing pathfinder. Dave (pathfinder author) says not his.

Is that a QRZ or MS issue?

Scotty W7PSK

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not know. But a hosts entry for btrll.com, yashi.com ETC may fix the problem.

O, And don't forget facebook.com

By the way. Why would you want to emulate Explorer ? It has many shortfalls.

Good Luck.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  3. W7PSK

I don't DXKeeper does.

4. W7PSK

I put them in the hosts file and they are still popping up.
    frankly it keep shutting down my Pathfinder
    also I'm seeing the ads I'm not supposed to
    and I'm logged in

5. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know if you ever got this resolved. I pretty much had to stop using pathfinder due to the Security Certificate popups, completely bogging down my system, and rendering pathfinder unusable (and the rest of DXLab). I was planning to get an XML subscription to QRZ.com before contest season starts cranking. Instead I got a premium subscription (XML + Ads free). It completely eliminated the problem.

73/DX,
    Mike, K2CD