Passed my Tech and General exams

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KK4HTI, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KK4HTI

KK4HTI Guest

I took and passed my Tech (35/35) and General (31/35) exams last Saturday and found my call sign in the FCC database yesterday. I have the QRZ online exams and the Gordon West books to thank for my success. Now studying for my Extra before the exams change!
  2. KK6RF

KK6RF Ham Member QRZ Page

Way to go! Knocking out both tests at once... impressive! With your background, you'll have no problem with the extra test. So have you made your first contact yet?
  3. KG4NEL

KG4NEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats! Welcome to the madness :p
  4. KK4HTI

KK4HTI Guest

Thanks! No contacts yet, haven't got an antenna up. I've got no trees for help, so I'm going to try an end-fed wire between my house and the little pavilion out back to start with, then experiment. :eek: We've had thunderstorms off and on all week so I haven't been able to get one up yet. In the mean I've been reading the ARRL "Wire Antenna Classics" and "More Wire Antenna Classics" as well as their 22nd edition "Antenna Book" to get into antenna theory. BIG difference between radar, sonar and computer theory I'm used to dealing with, but an interesting challenge.
  5. KK4HTI

KK4HTI Guest

Thanks! :cool:
  6. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Robbie Welcome to Ham Radio. :)
  7. KK4HTI

KK4HTI Guest

Thanks for the welcome!
  8. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome! Congrats!
  9. KB4GTR

KB4GTR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats! Well done!
  10. KK4CWO

KK4CWO Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on getting both licenses. When I took my Tech test last MAy I was also offered the General exam and got 26 or 35 right but missed the wrong element. Now I hope to get my General in the next 2 - 3 weeks so wish me luck? The electronics chapters are smoking my brain so I'll have to memorize the best I can hope for.

Jim KK4CWO
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.