Parasitic Suppresser

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KA5ROW, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AG6K

AG6K QRZ Member QRZ Page

 When this group got started there were several of the Emperor's groupies who came here and tried to show us why we needed a censor -- but it didn't fly.

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Censorship is never necessary; any idea that can't stand up under the scrutiny of peer review will not stand the test of time.

3. AG6K

AG6K QRZ Member QRZ Page

 Censorship/moderation is necessary for mutual admiration societies wherein the eternal enemy is the awful truth about one of their recognized experts.

4. AG6K

AG6K QRZ Member QRZ Page

 A VHF oscillation suppressor works by reducing VHF amplification. It does this by lowering the VHF-RL presented to the anode of the amplifying device. A VHF suppressor never suppresses an in-progress VHF oscillation.

5. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Those groups loose credibility but that is a subject for another thread.

6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Its when they become moderators and threaten punishment when speaking out that is a problem.....even on here.
    Its sad.

Carl

7. AG6K

AG6K QRZ Member QRZ Page

 Indeed Carl. The comes-around is that sites like e-Ham and QRZ-forums make $$ off of advertising, so when a station who creates lots of posting gets jackbooted by a Censor with an agenda, participation drops and eventually advertising revenue does too. This very thing happened to e-Ham.
    When you got jackbooted off of AMPS by Herr Fisher, W4AN for calling a strike a strike, participation dropped.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be!" -- Puck.
    --From A Midsummer Night's Dream (Act 3, scene 2)

8. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

He didnt like it either when I hacked into the software and permanently removed the ban.....there is a bit of a story behind that for another time and place. Shortly after that I finished my degree program and went back to a real job with little time to play radio much less on the PC.

When I checked again after several years I had found that Bill took his last flight and I was still registered and you had just been booted again by the emperors new joker.

Carl

9. KH2G

KH2G Ham Member QRZ Page

Without trying to explain the physic of parasites (sic) the norm in days old was to use a 2W or greater 50 - ohm or so resistor as a general coil form and wind about 8-10 turns loosely about it and stick it in series with the RFC going to the plate and of course keeping all wires short as possible. With any triode you'd also have to neutralize. Same with some tetrodes and even pentodes. For me, I'd stick it in and be very surprised if there were any problems.
    Note that the specs I gave only applied to HF rigs. Going VHF (50MHz and above) you must start giving more consideration to distributed L+C in the circuits and even the chassis/cabinet. PS Wire wound resistors are not compatible with RF as they are inductors and to use same would require you to consider the real linductive reactances etc
    Regards,
    Dick KH2G

10. AG6K

AG6K QRZ Member QRZ Page

 ... which was about the time that the Yahoo group started and the mass-exit from AMPS took place. Are there any clues as to why Fisher checked out Carl?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.