ad: ProAudio-1

Palm Springs HamFest 03/15/2014

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by K6LCS, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Had a great time yesterday at the annual Palm Springs HamFest. It was a pleasure meeting a couple of you here out there - for me, part of the enjoyment of these is meeting people with whom I have only corresponded via email or message groups or phone calls ...

At 10:31am, we worked satellite SO-50 with two Watts and my Arrow Antenna. A group of about 45 folks were outside with me, and five had never seen a live sat demo before. We talk to station in Colorado and Arizona, and have a great time.

For my Puxing UV-973, I had a corner booth. Well, I actually had two adjacent booths: one for the '973, and my wife turned the second area in to a "Come In and Relax" booth, with comfortable chairs, and milk and Nabisco Nilla Wafers(tm) for all. And many took us up on it.

Welcome to my world ... (grin)

As far as I can recollect, Saturday was the 10th anniversary/birthday of the Yaesu FT-60R being released in North America. It was a tremendous value then at $200. and remains a great value now at about $150. We "toasted" its birthday in our booth after the satellite pass.

For raffle prizes, I gave away both a Yaesu FT-60R "kit" and a Puxing UV-973 "kit" - radios packaged with several accessories, and the radios pre-programmed with Coachella Valley-area systems, and my Inland Empire mix of 80 systems.

The Desert RATS club put on a great show. Please watch for announcements for their 2015 date, and try to attend of you live in the region!

Thanks to you all for your continued support.

Clint K6LCS
    909-241-7666

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.