ad: elecraft

PACIFIC DXPEDITIONER (KC0W) IMPERILED BY THEFT

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W1YW, Sep 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Passport might actually be an interesting problem as there is no US Consulate office in Kiribati. Closest one is on Majuro.

2. MM0NDX

MM0NDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Refunds coming.. [​IMG]

NEWS UPDATE III – With Tom KC0W updating his QRZ page, DX-World.net has now taken down the link to help support him. No more donations are required.

At this moment in time we wait on Tom’s reply to an earlier email today, but it looks like all generous donations may not be wanted.

We are happy to refund ALL who donated. Like you, we felt it may be beneficial to Tom. In the end perhaps not. Please QRX, refunds coming..

http://dx-world.net/helping-kc0w/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    WA7PRC likes this.
  3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Information on donating money to assist Tom in any way necessary was on the DX World web site, courtesy of MMØNDX. As you can see from the above post, this has been put "on hold" pending more information from Tom and what, if anything, he needs.

The good news, though, is that his fellow hams are ready and willing to lend him a hand, should he need it.

N1EN likes this.
  4. KC9RNK

KC9RNK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Count me in.

5. KE8BPZ

KE8BPZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have worked Tom state side, Hope the culprits are caught, and better luck to Tom in the future.

6. WC5B

WC5B Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope he was humble enough to accept enough of the donations to replace some of his equipment. Awful day for humanity but a great example of our great community in ham radio.

7. W7ND

W7ND Ham Member QRZ Page

I hate to say it, but sounds like an inside job on either the shipper or customs. Odds are the equipment never made it off the boat. I'd keep an eye on sailing forums to see if it tries to be sold as marine radio equipment.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Not called for. Please don't make it personal and "call names". Did I call YOU names???

That kid's comments are not funny.... at all.

Dave
    W7UUU

W9JEF, WA7PRC, VA6OK and 1 other person like this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You should learn how to use "Quote". You're not doing it right.

Dave
    W7UUU

KF7AXE likes this.
  10. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes... like this... one way is to click the Reply link on the right (to capture all of the post):
    Another way is like this... highlight the part of the post you want to quote, and click the Reply popup:

vy 73 es gl,
    Bryan WA7PRC

W9JEF likes this.
  11. PD3EEF

PD3EEF Ham Member QRZ Page

yes that nis a fact and iam wondering how soon Tom can be in the air again sick puppies those thieves , regrads, EEF PD3EEF /ON3EEF

12. MM0NDX

MM0NDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,

What started as a genuine appeal for help for a stricken fellow radio amateur has now morphed into a refunding nightmare! Basically, since Tom KC0W does not want any donations, I must now refund everyone who took the time and effort to support this initiative. For sure there was a lot of support out there for this type of initiative and ham spirit is alive and well !

So far ALL who personally donated via paypal have been refunded.

For those who donated via the Just Giving page it becomes more complicated. In short I must wait 30 days before the final donated amount is available…meaning all 62 supporters also have to wait for a refund. This is not ideal, but it’s the Just Giving policy

Rest assured everyone will be refunded. Just it will take longer than anticipated. If, however, you prefer a refund now instead of waiting, I am happy to transfer your donated amount from my personal bank account back to you.

Please get in touch at dxer59@gmail.com for any questions. Meanwhile, I will now email everyone who donated via Just Giving and explain the situation.

Fundraising is never easy, but it becomes even more difficult when a person does not want any funds raised, hi!

73 de Col MM0NDX @ DX-World.net

13. VK9CC

VK9CC Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sorry to hear of Toms plight, here in Cocos Island, I have had my main radio stolen in transit after it was repaired on the mainland, these things happen but should not happen, worst thing is , it is so hard to replace equipment in far off places, as there is no local store, etc and if one has no back up, Hopefully one day soon, I will be able to get back ON AIR here from Cocos, Best 73, Andy Jack VK9CC

14. K4LRX

K4LRX QRZ Member QRZ Page

Yes, this is a bad scenario, thieves have no honor, in fact in this town a tractor mower was stolen from a church. My guess is the gear is already on the black market in Malaysia. How can these people sleep at night?

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Jack,

I have a rig for you. Drop me an email....w1yw@aol.com .

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    W9JEF, W5BIB, WD3N and 1 other person like this.