ad: CQMM-1

Our Sun Dials Down the Brightness: Solar Storm Forecast 06-09-2018

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Jun 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K4KYB

K4KYB Ham Member QRZ Page

10-11 meter bands have been crazy good last three weeks all the way through 1:30am

2. W5DFN

W5DFN Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W5DFN

W5DFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, I will try to work any station that answers my call. HOWEVER, if you are so far down in the noise, that I can only get a word now and then using headphones, the I admittedly lose interest pretty quickly. I have a rather modest station with an ancient Force 12 C3E at 10 meters for 20 -6 meters (Yes, it will load up on 6, albeit broadside to the boom). For 160, 80, 60, and 40 meters I have a fan dipole at 12 - 10 feet above ground. Maximum power I can run is about 750 watts and not that on all HF bands. I don't see the point in complaining about the stations I can't reach -- and I have talked to the South Cook Islands on 100 watts. Almost any antenna system can be improved and amplifiers are affordable, my suggestion would be to see what you can do to make your station easier to copy and settle for what you can get.

4. G0GPF

G0GPF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I run a QRO station /FTdx5000 /Mosely pro 67B /1.5 KW and in the last year i have only ran with rig power no amp. let me assure you my friend if I hear you I will reply. To me it makes no difference where or who /or your license level, I will always reply.Us older people are so close to the grave that we treat every contact as the last one that we will make.
    PS if I run full power with antenna fully extended and call CQ I could be waiting just as long as you for a reply. Tried it a few times and decided not to waste any more electricity talking to fresh air. Dont give up hope some of us older operators are allways looking for stations like yours
    with regards
    peter G0GPF

5. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

About a year from October I am guessing we will see solar panel arrays destroyed by surges from seriously changed sun activity. What a mess for landfills; but good operating conditions for those loving DX.

6. KD6BZN

KD6BZN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So, a volcano exploding tons of everything nasty into the stratosphere doesn't effect the climate, but my F-250 is the devil... ok then

7. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I keep reading the title of this thread as "our sun dials"... And then I realize it's another dead bands thread.
    Sun dials are cool. :cool: