ad: elecraft

Openwebrx on Pi0 WiFi?

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by AH7I, Jul 26, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Does Pi zero have enough(spec says 512meg) RAM to run OpenwebRX with USB sound adapter and WiFi? Recommended OS distribution RAM requirements?
    Thanks.

73, -Bob ah7i/w4

2. KG7ZFC

KG7ZFC Ham Member QRZ Page

I just tried it today with a version I compiled for the Pi 3. As the CPU is similar but different, it may need to be recompiled for the Zero. If I get it to work, I'll try to remember to post here.

3. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Any success?
    73, -bob

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The Pi3 would give you more computing power. And has WiFi built in.

Good Luck.

5. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Pi0W has WiFi. If enough, more is not needed :)

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

OK my mistake, I thought it was low power Bluetooth.

Have Fun.

7. KG7ZFC

I've not tried yet. I'll have some time in December, so I may try then.

8. KG7ZFC

I just realized I'd never responded to this. I've been running OpenWebRX on a Pi 3B or 3B+ connected to a couple of SDRs for a few months now. Hit my website at http://www.kg7zfc.net and click the "SDRs" menu. Only one dongle is attached at the moment due to antenna connection issues, but the first dongle is up and running. You can also look through the blog entries and see the box itself and how I've built it. Pis aren't fast, but I can support 4 or 5 simultaneous users.

9. KG7ZFC

I haven't tried on a Pi Zero W. My guess is that you might get it to run, and if you do, it would only support one user. Maybe.