One less antenna!

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by WA6MHZ, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber

Today I came out to the Town Car and noticed something missing. My Comet UHV-4 was gone. NO, it didn't get ripped off, it was "RIPPED OFF" by a tree, evidently. The tree caught the spider whips and ripped it right off the mount. Just a small piece of the antenna remains. It was broken off right where the bendover joint was. The Trunk lip mount was also quite bent up from being yanked so hard. So I am off 20-10M until I find another one.

My Hamsticks have a big spring in each. I went into a parking garage once and came out without a hamstick, so the springs save the antennas. But this mount didn't have that option.

Somewhere there is a tree out there with my antenna in it. that is an expensive antenna! Think I have about $150 in it. Scrap metal now.

Antenna manufacturers need to design these for being GORRILLA PROOF! So they will tear the tree off instead of the antenna!

2. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member

Wouldn't work. Someone would just design better Gorillas.

3. AB1QP

AB1QP Premium Subscriber

I think your spellchecker made an error - it spelled "tree" when you meant to say "trunk lid".

4. KE6KA

KE6KA Ham Member

Or the trunk lid gets torn off.

5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member

I have one of those antennas.... The tree got caught on my antenna and the next thing you know...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.