ad: elecraft

Old QSL card from KR6DO Kume Jima, Ryukyu Islands 96235

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K2HAT, Jan 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Found this old QSL card in among a bunch I got from a Silent Keys collection of cards.

Being a Amateur for less than 11 years, I had never hear of this DXCC entity.

Sad to say both the Gents are SK.

John W. Roberts, Jr, WA5WQA John W. Roberts was born on June 16, 1928 and died on November 23, 1991 at the age of 63.

WA7EWL William Edwards was born on November 8, 1907 and died on December 19, 1998 at the age of 91. William last resided in Hudson, Columbia County, New York.

upload_2018-1-12_14-40-5.png

upload_2018-1-12_14-39-8.png

Attached Files:

AB8MA likes this.
  2. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

Got the same one in my file Lee, gosh, that seemed like yesterday, my contact was on 15 CW. If memory serves me correctly this was part of Okinawa, American ops used KR6 and Japanese JR6. This is in the deleted pile supplied by ARRL's DXCC tally sheets you receive once you send in endorsements with paper cards. BTW during those same years Americans in Japan used KA and the Japanese used JA of course, now foreign hams in Japan are issued a 7J call.

Oh, one more thing, the U.S. possessions had prefixes that identified where they were, KG6 Guam, KZ5 Canal Zone, KB6, Baker Island. etc.

K2HAT likes this.
  3. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

4. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

You struck a gold mine, in my will I have a clause that my qsl card collection is not to be destroyed, I am willing it to my Grandson so he can learn about ham radio and of course the world. Over 15K in cards, love it. Oh, got these you show as well. I will have to upload some of mine from those days gone by. Now in my 62nd year of ham radio. Love it, love it.

K2HAT likes this.