ad: elecraft

Nuvistor Socket

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KK4E, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-innov
  1. KK4E

KK4E Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm trying to make a Nuvistor-Octal adapter (Hickok SA-3 clone, to test parts for some Tektronix restoration projects), but I'm having a real bear of a time trying to get a real 6CW4-type Nuvistor socket. I've located an outfit in Canada, but they want $7.50 for the socket and $8.90 for shipping...

If someone has one or two 7586/6CW4-compatible Nuvistor sockets that they'd be willing to let go of for a more reasonable rate, please email me...

73, Danny
  2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Try Leeds Radio in Brooklyn.
  3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. W4OP

W4OP Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been also searching, after having given away most of my supply.The flange mounted sockets are the nicest and install easily. They show up on eBay regularly.

Dale W4OP
  6. KK4E

KK4E Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the quick responses! I should've mentioned that I DO know how to use Google, too! :)
    Surplus Sales - Not 5-pin 6CW4-type Nuvistor sockets...
    PacificTV, Golden Eagle Radio, & Leeds Radio: Price + Shipping or Min. Order req'ts ~ $15+ are much greater than I want to pay at this point

I'm looking for someone (individual) that may have a few lying around... BTW, they don't have to be new, or shiny, in "in the box" :p
  7. KK4E

KK4E Ham Member QRZ Page

I once had many of these... Hindsight's 20-20, eh? (And Foresight's 50-50... :eek:)
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here.... in the decade previous, when I wasn't much into radio and never thought I'd
    build stuff anymore, I sold SCADS and SCADS of cool and NOS parts on eBay. Granted, I
    did make a lot of money doing it but my oh my how I wish I hadn't sold so much cool stuff!

9. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

The Octal plug (tube base) is $2 at Hoffman amplifiers.

I checked Sphere (Canada), but they SOLD OUT their inventory.

Pacific TV (Canada) does have stock, which I think you were referring to ($7.50)

RCA 6WC4 manual

I have a call to a radio restorer that has deep parts bin.

Checking "New Old Stock" tube sockets from: in Cleveland.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.