ad: SteppIR-1

Not sure what the text is I am seeing... Here's the graphic

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KK6PKT, Apr 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KK6PKT

KK6PKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have finally set up the FLDigi program operationally, and I am not sure what I am seeing is correct.

Yesterday, I could not figure out how to get the system to transmit, but, when I first turned everything on, I was able to see someone calling CQ legibly, and their call sign was readable - all text seemed legitimate.

Tonight, I saw nothing but text that looked similar to assembly code in computer language for all received text transmissions. Nothing recognizable. I am sure this is a problem, but I looked in the system configuration settings for FLDigi and could not see anything that appeared to relate to this issue. Posted below is a screen shot to show what I was receiving. Any thoughts? This digital stuff looks like fun if I can finally work out the kinks!
    Screenshot 2017-04-07 20.07.25.png

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Noise translating into gibberish. That's all it is.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  3. KW4EK

KW4EK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Indeed, you will want to adjust the squelch level (preferably in the app's squelch control rather than the radio's as the radio squelch may cut off the first character of each transmission since there is a small delay) such that it reliably decodes the conversation but rejects the majority of the noise or you will get screenfulls of gibberish after a bit (especially when the bands are noisy).

4. KK6PKT

KK6PKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the advice.

I adjusted the FLDigi squelch and that did the trick.

Now to get my antenna tuned properly, I might just make a contact :)