ad: M2Ant-1

No Security On Obamacare Website

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by K7WFM, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member

Good video interview at source (CNBC) about the complete lack of fundamental security of the website.

What type of idiot would even attempt connecting to the Obamacared website let alone imputing personal info.

2. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber

Probably several million law abiding citizen idiots by now I would guess.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber

I'd guess so, too.

You don't have to provide any information that could be used by the bad guys.

At least, you don't have to on the Covered California website. No SSN, no bank account or credit card information...everything they ask is the same stuff people could find if they looked us up on QRZ.com, and much less than they'd derive if they went to a "pay for info" website that has a lot of personal data on almost everyone in the country if you're willing to pay for it.

I remember there was a ham here on QRZ.com who used a P.O. box as his mailing address, and I was curious "why?" and he advised he preferred to keep his address confidential.

I went to a "paid" website and for an introductory fee of $0.95 found his mailing address, phone number, and last three addresses he had before that, so I called him on his unlisted telephone number. He was pretty astonished.

4. AC0H

AC0H Premium Subscriber

The website is a train wreck waiting to happen security wise.
    Internet security experts have testified as much in front of congress.
    Example, like a lot of websites with login credentials, healthcare.gov has a system of security questions for the user to answer to do a reset of their password. Unlike most other security conscious websites if you get the questions wrong the site will proudly display the email address you used to register.

Imagine what kind of mischief can be wreaked by nare-do-wells who have you email address.
    If you can get the email address you've got 1/2 the information you need to own that account and anything associated with it.

5. WB4WHJ

WB4WHJ Ham Member

I do not plan to go to the website, whether it works or not.
    I will be a criminal, I suppose?
    But, since I am retired and get Medicare, SS, and VA health care, I am more than likely signed up anyway.
    I will just sit here until the give-a-mint takes me away.
    Bo Wb4whj

6. AC0H

AC0H Premium Subscriber

7. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member

Healthcare.gov is a fraudsters paradise.

8. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member

is that "a" fraudster, singular?

he did get over on this country didn't he?

well, him and his wife

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.