NO MORE PAPER AND INK CALL SIGNS!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N2MDX, Jun 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. K3LI

K3LI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I assume your going to pay for everyone's QSL cards. Dont use them

2. N2MDX

N2MDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sure send the bill over while your at it send your utility bills and mortgage bills over as well I will pay those also. LOL!

3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you good on QRZ??? :D

N2MDX likes this.
  4. N2MDX

N2MDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUNNY STUFF BROTHER I AM IN TEARS!!!!
    :D:D:D

WB0MPB likes this.
  5. K3LI

K3LI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Unless all your QSL cards are engraved on steel or plastic, they are paper and ink. So, toss your current cards and order your new, improved stainless steel cards from me. Only 87.95 each plus $700 shipping and handling. I also have them on plastic for 49.95 each. A bargain.

6. N2NJL

N2NJL Ham Member QRZ Page

You do know it is harder here to get verified for me then with any other site I use. That includes my bank and Credit Cards. It is not that important. I always try and figure out why we blame the system or app instead of the folks involved. If you read the feedback most of the complaints are from folks who would be or are verified. So why are we making it difficult. I have always taken extra steps to verify where my money goes.

K3XR likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What specifically is making it so hard for you? We can help.

In the meantime, since this system has been put in place, there has NOT BEEN A SINGLE HIJACK SCAM AD.... not a single one! On one single day in June we had something like 4 or 5 Nigerian scams posting "for sale" ads here. May and June combined we had something like 15 or more - and THOUSANDS of dollars stolen - sometimes "selling" the same radio 2 or 3 times.... Since the Nigerian (etc.) scammers are not likely ever to become "ID Verified" they now cannot post in "Ham Gear for Sale" and have moved on to QTH and eHam where there is zero such security in place.

So again - what specifically are you having issues with? We can help

Dave
    W7UUU

K9ASE and KJ4VTH like this.
  8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Since I bought my elephant gun, I've not seen a SINGLE ELEPHANT... not a single one! :p:rolleyes:

W7UUU likes this.
  9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, but how many Nigerian elephants did you have before that? :D

10. N2NJL

N2NJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Guy's I am not upset or trying to rock the boat. However I do not believe it is always the platforms responsibility. Users have a responsibility. QRZ lists names addresses and emails. They are also available on the FCC site. Is it our fault if they get a letter offering them an inheritance from Nigeria if that address came from a callsign look up?

I Sold and bought on QTH in the last two weeks. I took normal precautions. I've bought ham equipment on Craigslist, I took precautions, got a good deal. I only use payment methods that are protected or face to face. If you look at the forum there are still disputes. We just know who it is. I do not feel the verified feature is required and will use my choice to use other sites when selling. No big deal. I may change my mind. I Just got my postcard for Logbook of the World. So maybe I go that route in the future. I am sick of daily giving up a little more of my secrecy for a false sense of security.

Think of the aging photo app that asked for ownership of any image it changed. Millions of idiots did that. I did not fall for any Nigerian scams previously. I have along with most been targeted.