ad: M2Ant-1

NO MORE PAPER AND INK CALL SIGNS!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N2MDX, Jun 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N2MDX

N2MDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Best thing to do here is be smart call the person on the landline see if he is legit and if your going to use Paypal DO NOT send friends and family!
    Use a credit card not debit and use Pay for goods services!

WD4IGX, KJ4VTH and AG5CK like this.
  2. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Um... Sorry OM, but I don't know what the heck you are on about.

Lemme see... I do know that Fred and company probably spend an inordinate amount of time moderating the swap fest portion of QRZ. They are probably very tired of the scammers and the complaints resulting from that. They have decided to make using the swapmeet portion of QRZ a bit more "secure" by making the users there jump through a few more hoops to ensure "security". I used quotation marks there because in reality there is very little if any security when dealing with other people on the internet.

Is that what's got your goat? The process? If that's the problem, you know what to do...

Me, I never use any swapmeet, much less the one here so I don't care about the new process. Some of the fellows seem to like becoming "verified" and the two-tier log on and all that jazz. Like I said, it seems to me that most if not all of this heightened security is all because of the problems that result from the swapmeet section of QRZ. If I had a say in that, I'd simply turn that stuff off. Sure would make the moderators and owners life simpler, right?

Just be happy (if that's possible) that Fred and Co. have not killed the swapmeet altogether.

WA7PRC likes this.
  3. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Around here the number one killer is trees. They seem to get in the way of lots of cars and small trucks. Some logging companies are trying to save us from all the killer trees.

KJ4VTH and N2MDX like this.
  4. N2MDX

Poor Whittle Gary Seems Angry...I dont know what to do Gary why dont you tell me??
    LMAO :D:D:D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  5. N2MDX

yeah we have that issue around here as well, but it is usually the drunken moron behind the wheel who tried to mow down a tree with his car and lost that fight :)

6. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, you cannot tell the difference between a civilized discussion and a pissing contest, so don't bother to reply, OK? I won't see it because I have better things to do than argue with you...

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Come July 1 it really won't be much of an issue any longer

Dave
    W7UUU

W1TRY and N2MDX like this.
  8. N2MDX

Sounds great enjoy your day :)

9. N2MDX

What happens July 1st?

10. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Users who are not "ID Verified" (green banner - look at my Avatar block) will not be able to post in any Swapmeet forum

This change goes into effect 00:00 July 1, 2019 UTC and is automatic. Users wanting to post in any Swapmeet forum will need to have IDV in order to even see the "post" button

Dave
    W7UUU

N2MDX likes this.