ad: elecraft

No Baofengs Allowed

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA4DPO, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Need we say anything else....As American as Yaesu and Apple Pie!:rolleyes:

KF5RRF likes this.
  2. K1FBI

Love your Sarcasm..post of the year award!!

3. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This applies to all hand held radios that come with a rubber duck. I've replaced every single one of my antennas with Larsen helical quaterwave rubber ducks and the difference is amazing. It is also amazing that the major radio manufacturers put so much effort in bringing out a quality radio and put the cheapest rubber duck on them!

de NK2U

KC9UDX likes this.
  4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

That's OK. You won't hear me on your repeater with my Standard or Kenwood H-T's either. Not ever. (As if I even wanted to visit your area. It's NOT worth the drive. A waste of time and money.)

WB0MPB and K1FBI like this.
  5. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

189 Baofengs were tested, according to the November 2015 QST. I wonder if it would be a good exam question to ask how many need to be tested for a statistically significant sample?

6. K1FBI

BaoFeng should have donated a case of their higher end HT's to the League, then they would have been the Go To radio.

7. K1FBI

Who cares about spectral purity on 2 meter repeaters. As soon as you add your PR-40, IHY or Behringer processing, wide filters and other "mods" to any HF rig and legal limit amp it will fail miserably. Get real people.

8. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

That (in the words of Spock) "that is too logical." The radio is merely a "tool," sometimes the user is a fool.

9. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Not as happy as he is I'm sure.

K1FBI likes this.
  10. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

I won't dispute his right to ban whoever he wants from his repeater, but his attitude toward what has become an entry-level radio isn't consistent with his position of recently-appointed Youth Coordinator for the Nevada Section. It's not going to be too welcoming to a kid (or their parents) new to ham radio when they're told not to buy the $40 Baofeng but instead buy the $250 (or more) Motorola.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    WB7OXP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.