ad: CQMM-1

NI6IW, USS MIDWAY (CV 41) Special Events

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KF1DD, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KF1DD

KF1DD Ham Member QRZ Page

Updated on Thursday, 20 March 2008.

Good Day!

Here are the currently-scheduled special events for NI6IW, USS MIDWAY (CV 41) Museum Ship in San Diego, CA.

April 12, 1600Z-2300Z, San Diego, CA. #USS MIDWAY CV-41 Musuem Radio Room, NI6IW. #Commemorating the Centennial of the Great White Fleet visit to San Diego in 1908, and the USS MIDWAY Decommissioning in 1992. #14325 +/-, 7250 +/- SSB, 14060 +/-, 7040+/- CW. QSL USS MIDWAY CV-41 Museum Radio Room, 910 North Harbor Drive, San Diego CA 92101. (Ken Laughman, AF6HA, af6ha@yahoo.com).

May 10, 1600Z-2300Z, San Diego, CA. #USS MIDWAY CV-41 Musuem Radio Room, NI6IW. #Commemorating Armed Forces Amateur/Military Cross band Communications Test. #14325 +/-, 7250 +/- SSB, 14060 +/-, 7040+/- CW. QSL USS MIDWAY CV-41 Museum Radio Room, 910 North Harbor Drive, San Diego CA 92101. (Ken Laughman, AF6HA, af6ha@yahoo.com).

May 24, 1600Z-2300Z, San Diego, CA. USS MIDWAY CV-41 Musuem Radio Room, NI6IW. Commemorating Memorial Day. 14325 +/-, 7250 +/- SSB, 14060 +/-, 7040+/- CW. QSL USS MIDWAY CV-41 Museum Radio Room, 910 North Harbor Drive, San Diego CA 92101. (Ken Laughman, AF6HA, af6ha@yahoo.com).

June 7-8, 1600Z-2300Z, San Diego, CA. #USS MIDWAY CV-41 Musuem Radio Room, NI6IW. #Commemorating International Museum Ship Radio Weekend. #14325 +/-, 7250 +/- SSB, 14060 +/-, 7040+/- CW. QSL USS MIDWAY CV-41 Museum Radio Room, 910 North Harbor Drive, San Diego CA 92101. (Ken Laughman, AF6HA, af6ha@yahoo.com).

June 28-29, 1600Z-2300Z, San Diego, CA. #USS MIDWAY CV-41 Musuem Radio Room, NI6IW. #Commemorating ARRL Field Day. #14325 +/-, 7250 +/- SSB, 14060 +/-, 7040+/- CW. QSL USS MIDWAY CV-41 Museum Radio Room, 910 North Harbor Drive, San Diego CA 92101. (Ken Laughman, AF6HA, af6ha@yahoo.com).

July 5, 1600Z-2300Z, San Diego, CA. #USS MIDWAY CV-41 Musuem Radio Room, NI6IW. #Commemorating Independence Day. #14325 +/-, 7250 +/- SSB, 14060 +/-, 7040+/- CW. QSL USS MIDWAY CV-41 Museum Radio Room, 910 North Harbor Drive, San Diego CA 92101. (Ken Laughman, AF6HA, af6ha@yahoo.com).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  2. KF1DD

Added into main posting.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  3. KF1DD

MIDWAY and QSL Cards

Also posted in Talk and Opinions.....

Good Morning All,

As some of you might know, NI6IW is a bit delinquent in returning QSL cards sent in by SASE. I wanted to give a short SITREP on this...

Since taking over as "scribe" for the shack, I've put in around 20 hours in transcribing notes and contacts from scratch paper to formal logs. Starting out from June 07, I'm half-way through Nov 07. I'm hoping that I'll be complete and up-to-date with this portion of the project by the end of this month. Once this stage is done, I'll be able to return QSL cards sent in by SASE.

The next step in this project will be to enter everything into LOTW and EQSL. While I know that not everyone uses one or both of these services, some of us do, and I want to make sure that all bases are covered.

A bit more cumbersome that what I thought it would be, some of the obstacles I'm facing are (1) reading handwriting from different folks (some are easy, some are not!); (2) Looking up calls here on QRZ's look-up function for their QTH information (City, County, State, Grid); and (3) Time. Working full-time, going to school almost full-time, and still with two young sons in the home, time is sometimes at a premium! Fortunately, I'm able to use some of the long and dry duty days at work to make good progress.

Thanks for the patience for those of you who are still waiting for your card from NI6IW - I appreciate it! For those of you who want to "work" us, our special event calendar is posted here on the ZED, on the League's website, and on eham.net.

73 and Best DX to All,

Ken

4. WA6CDE

WA6CDE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well... a year and waiting

I am sorry... I just don't buy that... excuse... Why work the logs over when you have the SASE's right their... all you have to do is look at the sent card and reply with yours... stuff it in the envelope THEY provided... and make a note... I see my card on your file.. when we went down their.. but when I personally asked where mine was.. no reply... when I said. hey you don't even have to mail it.. I will take it right now... some other lame excuse was congered up...

Well I got tired of waiting.. now a new policy for this and the those others we work on their "DAYS of events" NO MORE SASE'S... TO ANY OF THEM... IF THEY WANT A CARD... THEY CAN SEND THEIRS FIRST...

I recommend that others also adopt the same policy .. if you want a card... A year is way to long to wait for 'em... If you think your different that the rest of us... GOOD LUCK...

THEY SET THE BAR... THE EXCUSES ARE NOT FLOATING... and now we let others who want us to send our card... know why we don't... first. We Ref CV 41 :mad:

5. K0HWY

K0HWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you suggesting they just send out a card because you send them one? :confused: Perhaps I'm misreading but that's what it sounds like. Where would NI6IW get your RST report? Are the ops simply expected to take you at your word?

When I get SASE requests for QSL cards, I verify the contact in my log. If the information matches, you get a card. If not, I'll send a card but on the back, I'll draw lines through the technical data boxes and let the op know I was unable to verify his contact. I've only done that once and that was because an op was up front with me that he simply wanted one of my cards. Never received a fake report.

6. WA6CDE

WA6CDE Ham Member QRZ Page

No we sent our card the year before

Actually they have had our card we sent after making two contacts ... one on CW and the other on Phone. Its in their log of card they have. HOWEVER, they fail to send one back even when you supply them with a SASE at the time you send yours.

Indeed my card was filled out (both of them) and sent to their center. The excuses I got ranged from ... were busy too... never got it. When we went their and showed the dosent OUR CARD IN HIS BOOK... again we got more excuses.

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.