NEW Wouxun KG-UV950P Quad Band Mobile /car radio !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Dec 23, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W5TXR

W5TXR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

More Chinese Stolen reverse/engineered Inferior quality §4iT
    Want a quad band ? FT-8900R is an awesome transceiver! R&D by Yaesu, QC by Yaesu.
    The Chinese are masters at reverse engineered/copycat products. Everything from Knockoff Nike shoes to Louis Vuitton handbags. The US seizes millions of $$$ of counterfeit products originating in China every week.
    I have a friend that works for US Customs, some of the stories?? You couldn’t make it up.
    The Chinese Military is so large, and technologically advanced, it’s scary. Funded by ..........Americans and others that buy their crap.
    Don’t cheap-out.......
    Think about the big picture before you spend money on counterfeit Chinese transceiver
    Yes, the price is attractive, I get that!
    I also im acutely aware that hams are (for the most part) cheap.
    Yes, the Big 5 are a little more. Because your paying for R&D and QC. That R&D is always looking to make cool new stuff for you to drool over at the ARRL annual convention.

Yes, more 222 MHz stuff would be nice!
    Want 222 MHz SSB? get an Elecraft XV-222 transverter, they’re awesome. I’ve built several!
    The price on knockoff Chinese transceivers cost more than you know. I believe a little character - integrity in ham radio would go a long way.
    Don’t support theft of intellectual property.
    I know there will always be a handful of hams that don’t care about anything but themselves.
    Anyways......enough.

2. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with your ideal.

But..... I fear that horse left the barn quite a while ago.

I see the big "3" Japanese manufacturers with "made in China" stickers on their gear more often than not. So sticking with traditional brands is likely still funding C-H-I-N-A! :(

3. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

NOTHING IN RADIOs are the "CAT'S MEOWs" anymore !!! WAIT A WEEK or (2) and a better "mouse trap has been created!!!" :)

4. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

BUT YOU FORGOT TO MENTION: ITALY/BULGARIA/RUSSIA/U.K/ & last but not least "GERMANY" WHO ARE MFG. THEIR OWN NEAT GEAR!!!".

W7GST likes this.
  5. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do they do any manufacturing of Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu or Alinco in any of those countries? (Please let it be so!)

6. W5TXR

You're absolutely right Clayton. We can do our best to minimize the 'damage'.
    73's

7. W5TXR

Someone e-mailed me, who are the big 5?

The 'Big 5"

Yaesu
    Icom
    Kenwood
    Alinco
    Elecraft

8. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

:( NO!

9. WN2SQC

WN2SQC Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting radio, but.

What's with the "stun and kill" function? Maybe for radio thieves?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our Price: $329.95

[​IMG]
    Product Code: KG-UV950P [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Product Description

Wouxun KG-UV950P Quad Band

FCC Type Accepted

* Stun and Kill Function

* Single Tone Pulse Frequency(2100Hz/1750Hz/1450Hz/1000Hz)

Wouxun KG-UV950P Quad Band Mobile
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. G3ZPF

G3ZPF Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting to see this in here as 'new' when it has been available in UK for years AND has recently been listed as 'discontinued' on MLS website. There is a 'PL' version (covers 4m instead of 10m. not much use in USA) but that is not listed as discontinued it is listed as 'unavailable - new model coming'.