ad: AbAuRe-1

NEW Wouxun KG-UV950P Quad Band Mobile /car radio !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Dec 23, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. W2TH

W2TH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've had the chance to experiment with a few Wouxun radios in the past. I was not impressed with their performance, build quality and very quirky firmware that they do not update very often. I steer clear of Wouxun stuff.

2. KI4HTC

KI4HTC Ham Member QRZ Page

It be nice to win a radio like you going to give a way,but why every win good luck.
    KI4HTC
    James

3. KG5EUX

KG5EUX Ham Member QRZ Page

've had one for 3 years- would not recommend. Works great but gets VERY hot. Also, the volume is very loud even on lowest setting and the sound is very grainie(sp). so hard to understand at times I have to use a scanner with it to understand what the other person is saying.

4. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

I sent an email to RCI (ranger communications) a few years ago requestign a 220mhz all mode radio like the 5054 6M version

surprised no one has gone after the potential this market has to offer

N5VWN likes this.
  5. N5VWN

N5VWN Ham Member QRZ Page

Try GearBest.com or Banggood.com

6. WH6Q

WH6Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not had one single offer on this ad. it receives all those bands all mode PLUS more. https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/ic-r7000-receiver.637575/

7. N1ART

N1ART Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2018
  8. N1ART

N1ART Guest

9. KD4JPF

KD4JPF Ham Member QRZ Page

JUST BUY A YAESU 857D VOILA ALL MODE ALL BAND MINUS 220 MHz ! NEW PRICE IS NOT BAD USED PRICE IS VERY REASONABLE !

10. N4EYZ

N4EYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Around here (western part of Va) there is probably 2 to 3 times the activity on 220 vs 2 or 440. We have a large network of 220 machines linked together as well as being linked into 2 and 440.

N1ART and N1VAU like this.
  11. W5TXR

W5TXR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

More Chinese Stolen reverse/engineered Inferior quality §4iT
    Want a quad band ? FT-8900R is an awesome transceiver! R&D by Yaesu, QC by Yaesu.
    The Chinese are masters at reverse engineered/copycat products. Everything from Knockoff Nike shoes to Louis Vuitton handbags. The US seizes millions of $$$ of counterfeit products originating in China every week.
    I have a friend that works for US Customs, some of the stories?? You couldn’t make it up.
    The Chinese Military is so large, and technologically advanced, it’s scary. Funded by ..........Americans and others that buy their crap.
    Don’t cheap-out.......
    Think about the big picture before you spend money on counterfeit Chinese transceiver
    Yes, the price is attractive, I get that!
    I also im acutely aware that hams are (for the most part) cheap.
    Yes, the Big 5 are a little more. Because your paying for R&D and QC. That R&D is always looking to make cool new stuff for you to drool over at the ARRL annual convention.

Yes, more 222 MHz stuff would be nice!
    Want 222 MHz SSB? get an Elecraft XV-222 transverter, they’re awesome. I’ve built several!
    The price on knockoff Chinese transceivers cost more than you know. I believe a little character - integrity in ham radio would go a long way.
    Don’t support theft of intellectual property.
    I know there will always be a handful of hams that don’t care about anything but themselves.
    Anyways......enough.

12. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with your ideal.

But..... I fear that horse left the barn quite a while ago.

I see the big "3" Japanese manufacturers with "made in China" stickers on their gear more often than not. So sticking with traditional brands is likely still funding C-H-I-N-A! :(

13. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

NOTHING IN RADIOs are the "CAT'S MEOWs" anymore !!! WAIT A WEEK or (2) and a better "mouse trap has been created!!!" :)

14. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

BUT YOU FORGOT TO MENTION: ITALY/BULGARIA/RUSSIA/U.K/ & last but not least "GERMANY" WHO ARE MFG. THEIR OWN NEAT GEAR!!!".

N4GST likes this.
  15. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do they do any manufacturing of Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu or Alinco in any of those countries? (Please let it be so!)