ad: CQMM-1

New video Series - FLDIGI to the Yaesu FT-817

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KJ4TLB, Oct 26, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KJ4TLB

KJ4TLB Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a series i've recently started to answer questions i'm often asked about both setting up the QRP stations for maximum performance (or minimum loss) as well as the configuration for FLDIGI. Its sort of an evolving thing right now, so Ill post as I have new material. Ill point out that I am ahead of this, already at setting antenna length for zero reactance, but its still in editing. Ill be posting here as content comes out

PART 1- The Cat Connection

2. KJ4TLB

The next video in the series deals with the configuration of the audio between the Yaesu FT-817 and the computer using the simplest possible configuration to achieve the task to include a Y adapter as an auto monitor to forego the need for a software monitor in pulse audio.

As shown, there is no need for expensive 3rd party hardware or complicated configurations to achieve this goal. just:

A cable that goes from the Yaesu FT 817 data jack to the computer
    A Y connector
    An external speaker

Part 2 - Sound Configuration

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  3. KJ4TLB

The next video in the series deals with the setting up FLDIG and the YAESU FT817 to operate a QRP station, get to the core of station construction, real antenna tuning, and FLDIGI power setup.

Part 3 - Station Construction

4. KJ4TLB

In this episode we set up PSK reporter to analyze a manual beacon that will be sent out by the Yaesu FT817 HF ham radio transceiver. FLDIGI is set up so that a button can conveniently be pressed to allow this beacon to be transmitted. VOACAP is also discussed to see what the propagation possibilities are in your particular geographical location.

Note that If your callsign is populated in FLDIGI, there is a pskreporter button in the dropdown menu in Fldigi that will take you to the website.

Part 4 - Transmission Testing

5. KJ4TLB

In this episode we look at some useful tools that can be used to determine the probability of a signal reaching its destination such as end to end voacap as well as listening to the transmitted signal by means of a web based SDR. Further discussion as it related to FLDIGI includes the signal to noise radio as well is the IMD , inter modulation distortion.

Part 5 - Signal Analysis from the Distant End

KC8VWM likes this.