New to digital modes / Yaesu FT-450D

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KD2NOM, Jul 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD8YYD

KD8YYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there some kind of trick to getting a Y split data cable to work with a yaesu ft-450d? Particular menu options or anything?

I built a splitter cable yesterday, but when i plugged it in, i got no sound. Tried swapping my in/out (in case I mislabeled) but still notta.

Pretty sure the cable was wired up correctly. Kinda at a loss.

2. DU1ZCC

DU1ZCC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi G0VKT,
    can you please send me send the setup also. I am also using FT 450D and signlink.
    Thank you in advance pmonchet@gmail.com

3. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine is just like this. Great minds...

4. KC3IXI

KC3IXI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, I have the same setup, and am attempting to communicate with psk31, without success. Can you help me? I have never seen any intelligible words, just misc. characters. Can you help me with the setup of the 450D.

Jason KC3IXI
    please reply to kc3ixi@yahoo.com

Thanks!

5. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's been a long time since I had my FT-450D setup. I've since switched to SDR radios and no longer use the SignaLink and FT-450D, but the first thing I would just is to ensure you have the pinouts on the SignaLink are correct for the FT-450. Just search for FT-450D on that page and ensure it's configured correctly.

Outside of that, HRD actually helped me with the rest of it. I believe I had a setting wrong in HRD. I just sent them an email with a screenshot of my settings in HRD. They immediately responded and I was on the air.

Good luck & 73
    David K1SZO

6. W3SCA

W3SCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

you will love the SIGNALINK / 450D combo! That is what I am running in my to go kit and it works great! Just remember to select "HRD" in the pull down in radio control tab....