ad: chuckmartin

New to 40 meters

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KC4LNX, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-rl
  1. KC4LNX

KC4LNX Ham Member QRZ Page

Just put up a Mosley 5 bander with the 40 meter add on kit so i now have 40 meter capibility for the first time. Are there any open nets? any regional or local nets? ( im in middle georgia ).what time/frequences? Thanks, Joe b
  2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are certainly nets, but what's the attraction?

I try to stay as far away from nets as I can get.
  4. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

5. K9ASE

K9ASE Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KA0GKT

KA0GKT Ham Member QRZ Page

The Macon GA area is hardly midwest, I guess I'd try ECARS on 7225 kHz at 10:00 Eastern. One possibility for a less formal net would be the Kadiddlehoppers on 7253.5 kHz.
  7. WA4OTD

WA4OTD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Depends on the time of day you want to get on also. I listen to 40M SSB going to work and there are a lot of nets on in the morning. In the evening I don't notice any but I'm sure they are there.
  8. KB3CVO

KB3CVO Ham Member QRZ Page

9. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

There are QRS nets between 7100 and 7125. SKCC on 7055 and FISTS on 7058.
    Lot of DX at night if you can go below 7025.
  10. WA4FNG

WA4FNG Ham Member QRZ Page

If I had that antenna I wouldn't be worrying with nets, I'd be chasing DX ;-)
    73, Milt
  11. KC9LGW

KC9LGW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

12. NY7N

NY7N Ham Member QRZ Page

Quoted. For. Truth.
  13. K3STX

K3STX Ham Member QRZ Page

14. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Nets? Why don't you just call CQ?
    Or make a sked with some people here.
  15. N1MLF

N1MLF Ham Member QRZ Page

Herein is another "Chevy, Ford or Dodge" debate.. "DX chasers, Net followers, CW advocates or Digital enthusiasts" It doesn't matter what you're preference might be as long as you're having fun with amateur radio. Tune around & listen. You'll find your niche with a facet of the hobby you enjoy.. Explore & learn.. It's not a hobby.... it's an adventure!!
    If Forest Gump were a ham he might say.. When ya call CQ its like a box of chocolates... ya never know who yer gonna get"
    Bottom Line:...enjoy!

16. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I work 40/80m every day but only the DX that is where it's really at work the world! A beam on 40m is a real killer I have a Mosley Pro-67 C3 10-40m with 3 elem on 40m I'm getting very close to 40m DXCC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.