ad: elecraft

New TL-922 Owner

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by G3YRO, Dec 14, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WE6C

WE6C Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sure it is. I just bought something I felt good about and have no regrets. Guess we're all happy!

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm VERY happy... I have a VERY good setup and MORE beer money. :D

3. K9AXN

K9AXN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Lou,

Excellent and long overdo statement of fact. It's refreshing to hear a bit of logical common sense.

Kindest regards Jim

4. K9AXN

Richs,

Why don't you rewrite that long paragraph. Lou took the time to organize it --- be a contributor and make it more readably --- everyone will appreciate your effort.

Not confrontational, just an idea. A great day to you.

Regards JimK9AXN

K9ASE likes this.
  5. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Jim, He's right, it is hard to read in the form I put it. I sure could have done a better job. Sometimes my mind runs faster than my typing and I don't spend time setting up the structure for fear I may forget what I wanted to say.

6. K9AXN

Lou,
    Yes ,it was difficult to read and yes you could have done a better job.

The point missed here is the comments you asserted regarding hot switching were true 50 years ago as they are today. There have been endless theories, guesses, and séances written about why these amps are unstable, switches arc, tubes self destruct. and any number of other maladies. Most denigrate the finer features of well designed Amps because they are poorly understood.

Another point, you took the time to write something of interest ---- most folks don't have the courage to do so.

Regards Jim

7. K9AXN

Rich,

First, where has courteous criticism gone and why didn't you simply ask Lou to rewrite the post? "Hey Lou, please rewrite the post so I can read it Thanks" Much shorter than your response --- it can be done.

I'm fairly sure you either read or started to read it. I to have written papers containing structures that would be considered poorly done --- although I don't believe any paragraph would have been that long --- probably would have forgotten what I was doing. A well written paper does not suggest the accuracy of the information within.

Guess you had a bad day or night. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

A great day to you

Kindest regards Jim K9AXN

K9ASE likes this.
  8. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Jim, sometimes I get like "RICHS" when my hemorrhoids flair up.

9. NL7IB

NL7IB Ham Member QRZ Page

Wheeeeeew!

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Difficult to give any creed to anyone who does not identify with a callsign.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...I am the Great, and Powerful, Wizard...of Oz...

WA7PRC likes this.