ad: TinyPaddle-1

New technologies from Icom at Tokyo Hamfair

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, Sep 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

News flash: QRP isn't even a technology. It's a range of power levels. Or, in this context, a market category consisting of transceivers with a particular range of output power levels.

I don't know if Icom is expressing an opinion of anyone's intelligence, but it does seem to want to leverage hams' brand loyalty, and the user interface it's developed for its other rigs, in a product it's introducing in this category. It remains to be seen if they are going to price it aggressively or if they're going to try to leverage their market clout to extract a premium price.

K4AGO likes this.
  2. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. N5GAR

N5GAR Ham Member QRZ Page

The issue of QST coverage is the delay before we get to see anything. So there is better coverage by individuals - - especially those who post videos

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a print magazine. What do you expect?

5. N5GAR

Nothing more, for the print magazine, for now. The ARRL uses internet web pages, as well as Facebook and YouTube, where timely reports should be posted. Then when the print magazine finally arrives I want to see reports by ARRL staff members who were so fortunate as to attend.

6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you looked at their pages for reports? Do you subscribe to the ARRL (email) letter?

7. N5GAR

I do subscribe to the ARRL Letter (by Email) and the various ARRL web pages. If the ARRL staff members shown in photos attending the Tokyo Hamfair posted timely report(s) there, I would be satisfied.