ad: Alphaant-1

NEW QRZ Operating Award

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Jul 18, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We are very pleased to announce a new addition to our QRZ Operating Awards offerings:
    The United States Counties Award

During the last 18 months, QRZ has offered 4 award types. We have issued approximately 34,000 of these awards to individuals representing 177 DXCC entities. We think those are some great numbers and we can't wait to see how many of you will take advantage of our 5th QRZ Operating Award!

The United States Counties Award is available to any QRZ member whose Logbook on QRZ.com contains confirmed contacts from any 100 US Counties. We also offer endorsements for members whose logbooks contain confirmed contacts from 250 counties and 500 counties.

There are many Logbook users who are already eligible for this award. Analyze your logbook today to see if you are one of them!

This award joins the ranks of the current QRZ Operating Awards, which include the following:

• World Continents Award
    The World Continents Award is available to any QRZ member whose Logbook on QRZ.com contains at least one confirmed contact from 6 continental zones of the world. These include: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, and Oceania.
    • Grid Squared Award
    This award is available to any QRZ member whose Logbook on QRZ.com contains at least one confirmed contact from each of 100 unique Maidenhead grid squares.
    • DX World Award
    The DX World Award is available to any QRZ member whose Logbook on QRZ.com contains at least one confirmed contact from each of at least 100 distinct ARRL DXCC entities.

• United States Award
    The United States Award is available to any QRZ member whose Logbook on QRZ.com contains at least one confirmed contact from each of the 50 US States.

Endorsements are available for Mixed or individual bands as well as Mixed and individual modes (Phone, CW, Digital.)

QRZ Awards are FREE
    As a member of QRZ with a valid amateur radio license, you are eligible to earn awards based on your QRZ Logbook contents. Your QRZ operating awards show up on your callsign page in a special tab called "Awards". There is no requirement to become a QRZ Subscriber to earn operating awards.

Fine lithographed QRZ award certificates are available at a modest cost.
    If you would like a handsomely lithographed and numbered certificate with QRZ's signature holographic seal of authenticity, you may order them directly from your callsign page. These certificates were custom designed for our members and have been reproduced on fine paper by a commercial printing company. They have a gorgeous, high quality look and feel that uniquely recognizes the hard work and dedication used in earning your award.

Applying for an award is simple once you have the confirmed QSOs in your logbook!

From your logbook, simply click "Awards," select the logbook(s) to use toward the award by following the instructions on that page, and select the award heading that you're interested in. From there you will be shown the analysis of your logbook for that award in the Mixed mode. If eligible, you will be presented with a Congratulations screen, and given the option to apply.

To view a different mode, such as CW, Digital, or Phone, simply select the mode from the "Award Type" drop-down menu, and a new analysis will be completed. Like before, if you are eligible, you will be presented with a Congratulations screen, and given the option to apply.

Questions?
    • What if I already have the award, and I achieve a new band? How do I get the endorsement?
    Simply run the analyzer again. If it determines you have completed a new band for an award you have already achieved, it will give you the endorsement automatically!

• Where can I see what awards I have achieved, and their endorsements?
    There is an "Awards" tab that will appear on your callsign page once you've achieved an award. The tab appears next to your "Biography," "Detail," and "Logbook" tabs.

• Where can I find the Awards Program Rules?
    The Awards Program Rules Document can be found here. There is also a link to this document on the "Awards" page in your QRZ Logbook.

• Do you offer award certificates?
    Yes! Once you have achieved an award, you will be emailed with a link to purchase a certificate, and a link will always exist on the "Awards" tab of your callsign page.
    Note: Platinum Subscribers receive one complimentary certificate per year. Life Members are entitled to unlimited certificates.

• What do the certificates look like?
    Below is an animated graphic showing some of the possibilities!

[​IMG]

Suggestions?
    If you have suggestions, please let us know by posting a new topic in the Suggestions and New Feature Requests section of the Logbook Forums!

Need Help?
    Check out the QRZ Logbook Handbook for a walkthrough of how to resolve any issues you have!

So what are you waiting for? No more waiting in line for the card-checker to validate your paper QSL cards. No more application or membership fees to obtain an award! It's never been easier!

Thank you for your continued support and feedback! We're very excited about our new United States Counties Award and as always we thank you for your use and support of QRZ!

UR1YDD, EB1BSV, KK3Q and 5 others like this.
  2. M6ENP

M6ENP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

many thanks for the new award i have just run my logbook through analysing for your new award ,and i have 16 counties confirmed,which for me as a uk low power operator is very pleasing,the one very noticeable exception in qsos being confirmed is of course the arrl hq operators club in hartford county,ct, surely they can have the decency to confirm qsos like other qrz members confirm with there lotw,or is that too much to ask ,they are after supposed to be THE national radio club of america,can you not bring about pressure to them to at least confirm qsos, that people like me work very hard to break into the qrm pile ups to speak to them, the behaviour of ops continually calling and deliberately talking over less power blessed ops is quite disgusting,the arrl hq ops do it themselves too,i respect the dx code of conduct,check my logbook,no big linears or antenna farms here, i find it disheartening that people wont confirm or use the qrz logbook ,but are happy to have to be present on qrz for free,yet subscribers like ourselves are missing out on confirmations/awards not just by arrl ops but others too

look forward to kf7wis raising this matter with the arrl hq :)

73s kevin m6enp

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Fun!! Some folks frown on chasing paper - but I enjoy it. Gives me more of a purpose in working the same old modes on the same old bands year in and year out :)

Cool stuff

[edit] I just checked and I'm at 701 right off!! Cool :)

Dave
    W7UUU

Attached Files:

KC9UDX, KF7WIS and AF6LJ like this.
  4. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you might want to be prepared for bigger award endorsements (not for me).

A county is an administrative subdivision in the United States of America. The expression 'county' is applied in 48 out of the 50 U.S. states. There are no counties in Alaska and Louisiana. Alaska is made up of boroughs and Louisiana consists of parishes. At present, the United States is comprised of 3,143 counties and county equivalent areas.

EB1BSV likes this.
  5. VA7STV

VA7STV Ham Member QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

You are correct, we have used the term county loosely, This award also covers the county like administrative districts in states like Alaska and Louisiana. You can see a full list in the awards analyzer.

We also do have some endorsements beyond 500, but you will have to start chasing counties to find out what they are ;)

MM0XXW and W7UUU like this.
  6. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice, There's always something fun to do here.

KF7WIS likes this.
  7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Cool. I'll add this to my resume. ;)

8. K4NDN

K4NDN Ham Member QRZ Page

Neat!

9. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

United States Counties Award#244
    United States Counties Award#244
    Granted: 2016-07-19 01:15:02 (K2HAT)

Endorsements:
    • 100 Counties Mixed
    • 250 Counties Mixed
    • 500 Counties Mixed
    • 1000 Counties Mixed
    • 250 Counties Mixed
    • 500 Counties Mixed
    • 1000 Counties Mixed

73 K2HAT Lee Hatfield Jr :cool:

KF7WIS likes this.
  10. KC4TVZ

KC4TVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

...Wow...! Thank you QRZ is all I can say.
    United States Counties Award#174
    Granted: 2016-07-19 00:25:03 (KC4TVZ)
    Endorsements:
    • 100 Counties Mixed
    • 250 Counties Mixed
    • 500 Counties Mixed
    • 1000 Counties Mixed
    • 250 Counties Mixed
    • 500 Counties Mixed
    • 1000 Counties Mixed
    • 100 Counties Digital
    • 250 Counties Digital
    • 100 Counties Phone
    • 250 Counties Phone
    • 500 Counties Phone
    • 1000 Counties Phone
    73 KC4TVZ Todd

KF7WIS likes this.
  11. KC4TVZ

KC4TVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

12. KD4BVG

KD4BVG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you QRZ.
    United States Counties Award
    Granted: 2016-07-19 00:25:06 (KD4BVG)

Endorsements:
    • 100 Counties Mixed
    • 250 Counties Mixed
    • 500 Counties Mixed
    • 250 Counties Mixed
    • 500 Counties Mixed
    • 100 Counties Phone
    • 250 Counties Phone
    • 500 Counties Phone
    • 100 Counties Digital
    • 250 Counties Digital

• 73 KD4BVG Chandra

13. MM0LID

MM0LID Ham Member QRZ Page

Great to see the US Counties Award added to the system.
    Great progress. Still needs a little work to be 100%.
    But congratulations from me and many others im sure.

Will be great to see other new awards added in the near future hopefully :)
    Always willing to lend a hand with ideas and database creation etc.

73 MM0LID
    Scott

14. W4EU

W4EU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The only problem I have found is that as of today 2016-07-19 there is no way to "edit" the county info ( like you would with the grid square ) when the other party has entered something other then what QRZ log auto enters when you log a contact.

15. KG5CIK

KG5CIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, I tried to find a way to edit the county last night. I have 27 that don't qualify because the counties are blank or don't match on the other person't info