ad: UR5CDX-1

New from Ham Radio Outlet at Hamvention 2016

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WY7YL, May 19, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WY7YL

WY7YL Ham Member QRZ Page

The Ham Radio Outlet team has gathered together in Dayton from around the country for the 2016 Hamvention. From California to Virginia, New Hampshire to Wyoming, Portland to Texas, Maryland to Georgia, the HRO team will soon take their place in the Hara Arena with all the ham radio candy imaginable as well as unimaginable sales! “We are happy to be back at Hamvention where we have the unique opportunity to see so many of our customers and provide them with the best deals in the industry” National Sales Manager Steve Gilmore, W4SHG said. “With our top sales staff from the Anaheim, Salem, New Castle, Atlanta, Portland and Plano stores, there will be no shortage of experts there to help you with all your ham radio needs.”

In the market for the new Icom IC-7300? Pick one up at Hamvention exclusively from Ham Radio Outlet, one of the only retailers with units at the convention. “This is an exciting year with great products and extremely aggressive Hamvention deals for our customers. It is a special year with unheard of discounts as many hams will walk away from this event knowing they saved quite a bit on their respective purchase.” said Ham Radio Outlet Owner & CEO Robert Ferrero, W6KR.

New to the Ham Radio Outlet team and Hamvention activities is Katie Allen, WY7YL. Katie is the new Social Media Manager and will be at the HRO booth and traveling around Hara with her goody bag filled with HRO giveaways. She will also be providing live updates on the new HRO Facebook at www.facebook.com\ham-radio-outlet and on Twitter www.twitter.com\hamradiooutlet.

When visiting the HRO booth and our social media sites, keep your eye out for #MyHRO and #HRODaytonDeals for great specials and fun sights, as well as behind-the-scenes with HRO from Hara. If you catch up with WY7YL at Hamvention, grab a selfie with her and post it to social media using #HROSelfieWithWY7YL and you might win a prize!

For those not attending Hamvention, you can still take advantage of the phenomenal sale prices being offered. Visit one of our thirteen Ham Radio Outlet stores around the country or our online store at www.hamradio.com.

2. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

That's great to hear! Wasn't sure a discount offered at Dayton on an IC-7300 would be honored at local HRO stores but sounds like it will be. Super news for us not attending the hamvention.

3. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

I Don't see any discounts on the 7300 or pretty much anything else on the website.

4. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmmm, it shows up fine for me. There's a whole banner full of Hamvention specials and a special on the IC-7300 for $1499.95 Any chance you need to refresh your browser?

http://www.hamradio.com/

5. WB4QDA

WB4QDA Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought my Icom 7300 from HRO 3 weeks ago and I paid $1499.95 so there is no discount . If there is I will be unhappy for buying early

6. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

Check for a price match guarantee on your credit card if you used one...

John K7FD

7. KB3FEI

KB3FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Good to see a new marketing presence from HRO. Say Hello to the Delaware crew. I assume Ken is there again this year, too. de kb3fei, Dale.

8. W4EDA

W4EDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Is HRO and Katie going to be at the Huntsville Hamfest this year perhaps?

9. W5JCK

W5JCK Ham Member QRZ Page

To be clear, the Icom IC-7300 has apparently been on sale for a while now. I got an email yesterday from HRO with a list of radios and prices that are being offered at a special sales prices in honor of the Dayton Hamvention. The IC-7300 is NOT on that list. So any sales price on it is separate from the Hamvention sale.

10. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Not to be outdone by Icom; Yaesu will be announcing a new HF radio ether today or tomorrow at Dayton.
    Kenwood...........
    Who Knows

11. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Katie,

I just bought a 7300 so where's my goodie bag? Penalizing your good customers are you?

AF6LJ likes this.
  12. KM5BOR

KM5BOR Ham Member QRZ Page

i haven't heard but does it do dstar>?????

13. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yaesu makes Ham Radios? Kenwood also? Yaesu makes a great antenna rotor but I can't be honest & say that about their so called radios.Kenwood on the other hand makes some Awesome Stereo gear & their transmit audio has always been great on the transceivers but still not close to the same league as an ICOM.I think ICOM is a bit confused with most of their new gear with all of the touch screen crap & they still keep pushing those ugly monochrome screens on many of their rigs when a beautiful color screen is much nicer.One more thing ICOM has dropped the ball on is not a single one of their so called "FLAGSHIP" rigs has even an option for D-STAR so if you want an HF/6 meter rig with D-STAR you will be required too buy one of those pathetic monochrome screen rigs & not one of those with a beautiful color screen with a band scope which makes ZERO sense to an ICOM fan like myself.Backwards thinking is not good for the product line & I have read lots of complaints about the New 7300 having issues with front end overload from strong stations & that's not good either.If you can't work the strong stations along with the weak stations then something needs too be corrected before putting a product on the market.Just my 2 cents & I think I was more than fair with the major three brands so how do you really feel about them??? :confused:

Clayton
    W4KVW

14. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

NO but neither does the 7851,7700,7600 or any ICOM rig with a color screen & a band scope??? Go figure the thinking with that???

Clayton
    W4KVW

KM5BOR likes this.
  15. KB0TT

KB0TT Ham Member QRZ Page

HOLY COW !

' SHE IS BACK !

Just WOW ....