New Forums Style Available

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AA7BQ, Aug 12, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

That is similar to the "previous" default, and is used on the QRZ "Home Page." The super light blue on a white background makes it VERY difficult to read, and (IMHO) the pink banners don't enhance the look of the forum pages.

KS4W likes this.
  2. W9JEF

W9JEF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Testing... test 1234 56789 000000000000000000000 hello hello ;)
    Edit:
    Thanks, Fred!
    Will likely be easier on my early morning eyes--may switch back when the afternoon sun pours through the west window.

It might be easier for old eyes if font size is a bit bigger. :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  3. NX6ED

NX6ED Ham Member QRZ Page

The default screen font is a "serif" type font with the doodads hanging off the tops and bottoms of some letter and numbers. The dark screen font is a "sans serif" meaning no doodads hanging off the tops/bottoms of the letters/numbers. To me, the serif type fonts are more legible. Often, the sans serif fonts are slightly larger. I personally like a lighter background on a screen, but I do not work or play in a darkened room. I would like to see on the default screens a slightly colored background... light gray or light blue, possibly very light green to take some of the glare off. I have been a professional photographer and my monitor is calibrated for colors, contrast, etc.....

4. W1REN

W1REN Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred,

I switched last Thursday, and must say that it kind of put me off a bit initially. But, I knew that you spent considerable time and thought making the concept real so I gave it a try for 4-5 days.
    Unfortunately, it seems I'm one of the minority that just can't seem to get attached to it.
    I never did mind the default at all so I switched back. It's just fine for me.

However, thanks on behalf of those you were thinking of when you did it. According to the thread, many are quite happy with it.

Rock on Fred!

Ren
    (W1REN)

W5BIB and KJ4VTH like this.
  5. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm in the minority with ya Ren. I tried the "dark side" early-on & switched back to the default.
    On the "dark side" I started hittin' the flea-markets & yard-sales looking for some "Lava-Lamps" to put alongside of my desk-top screen.:rolleyes:
    I agree with NX6ED that a "slightly" colored background on the default would enhance view-ability.

All-in-all; Nice job & it's obvious that a lot of thought/work went into the final results. :)

More than glad to be a "paid subscriber"

Steve / W5BIB

6. M0AUW

M0AUW Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred, you wont please all but I think you'll please the majority. Being in IT myself I know it can be quite a pain to get the colours right on web pages. I think this is very good, nicely put together and relaxing on the eyes...Well done!

73s - Richard M0AUW

7. N8SAN

N8SAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Another user that loves this! Ditto on using it on iphone!

Ryan

8. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried it for one day. It certainly looks neat--and maybe at some point I'll go back to it--but for now I'm happy with the "Classic Look".

Thanks for the fun experiment!

Jim N3AWS

9. N5RLR

N5RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Very, VERY nice! Thank you, Fred. :)

10. N1KTJ

N1KTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

speaking of phone, why no love for TAPATALK connection? Will need to look for that discussion.