New DXCC Entity Approved!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K0MB, Jan 23, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
  1. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

One band wonder?

Propagation differs by frequency. W6s I know generally had no problem with either Bouvet or Heard on 20 and it was actually easy on 15 and 40 in the past. Easier still on CW at different times of day.

This isn't supposed to be easy. If it was, it wouldn't be fun.

2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course that was then, this is now. Not to mention different parts of the lower 48 have different paths and propagation characteristics.

It seems that there are some who just want it to be easy and done so they can brag about it. My guess is that they don't stick with amateur radio very long.
    They probably go back to playing with their phones these days. No long term commitment? Short attention span? Something like that.

3. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Got em' on 80 tonight for my third band. Nice strong sigs on 80 this evening.

I'd like another band or two if I can while Z60A is on the air, but I'm happy with what I have so far.. plus in a few months they'll be fairly common.

Looking forward to Bouvet.

Pat, you guys have entities that are probably dull and boring to you that we have to fight and claw our way there through the midwest and west coast!

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeh, if NK P5 were on, it would be a CHIP SHOT from here, and easily worked (except if competing with the JAs!) I have all the Pacific and Asia swept away except for P5 & BS7H, which who knows if it will ever get back on the air!

K7MH likes this.
  5. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Pileups sure would be tremendous! I have BS7H on 20.
    Z60A had a really good signal this AM for about an hour or so. First time I have heard them. Eventually they will be considered very common.

6. K8PG

K8PG Subscriber QRZ Page

Well I have not Tried to
    make a contact with the
    Z60 station’s.
    Guess I do not see the
    prime directive off the
    Rush. I have Heard them
    on 80/160 cw,light, QSB
    watery QRmed signals.
    No Need to call yet.
    GL.

PG.

7. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Little wannabe DXer's lucky moments....

They were on 15m CW, I did not hear them but the pile up, I stayed on frequency and did something else in the meantime (reading Bouvet threads on QRZ ;-) ). Suddenly an Es cloud appeared at the right position just for me, signal climbed to 599+, and I worked them. 20 minutes later signal is down in the noise again.

KP4SX likes this.
  8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

SOL on Bouvet!!! Z60A will continue to be the MOST SOUGHT AFTER DX!!!

9. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

Guys, give some credit to the Z60A op on 20 CW this morning. U.S. guys are whining because the C8 is on 14010, in the Z6 "RX window.....". Phooey! If the C8 pile hurts the Z6 operation, he'll QSY or change QSX, won't he?

BTW, snagged Z60A up 1.2, not up 5.0, with 100W in 30 secs of calling. Stop belly-aching and find where Z6 is really working folks.

10. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

It was easy on 20 CW this morning. Nice signal on CW. Not a very good copy on 20 phone.