New DXCC Entity Approved!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K0MB, Jan 23, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

GL Pat...I heard him work quite a few W6/W7s on special standby and some just picked up out of the pile...so it can be done...LOL

GL...will be watching for your updates with more Q's....LOL

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. K4HX

K4HX Ham Member QRZ Page

Loud as can be on 40 meters right now. Was working west coast USA earlier.

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Now I am REALLY TICKLED!! just worked them at 1531Z on 14 CW. This was a great accomlishment as my FLDIGI was crapping out on RX after I transmitted with the KW. RF was getting back into the Laptop or the Signalink and I would have to restart the program. Cant pinpoint where the problem is. So I had to WING IT and copy by ear. I always like to have a 2nd opinion on whether they got my call right or not, which the FLDIGI provides.

I got to the radio shack at 6AM and DX Summit said the east coast was working them. Sure enough I could hear lotsa callers up a KC from where they were supposed to be. But NOTTA PEEP outta the Z60A. I waited and waited and finally as the sun came up I could just hear them. They built up to readable around 1500Z and The callers were really packed in!!! I called anyway, with little hope of getting over the East Coast, but miraculously he heard my squeaky little West Coast Signal and called me.

I WAS SO TICKLED!!! To work them OLD SCHOOL WAY, just with the ear decoding the CW!!!
    But it's not GOLDEN until I show up inthe club log.

NOW if I could just get them on RTTY, But they probably want to do this new TRENDY MODE FT-8 which I am not up to SNUFF ON. I kinda got it working, but haven't a clue how to work split freq on it!!!

4. WA6MHZ

OH OH!! I didn't make the CW LOG!!! They must of got my call wrong!! RATS!!

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

I made up for it. I got ZC4A last night and Clublog shows two contacts :)

6. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Pat, wait another day, sometimes their logging is not up to the time you worked until like 24-36 hours later..

7. WA6MHZ

Thanks!!! Yes they didnt get the CW logs into the upload yesterday, but today they are there and I am GOLDEN!!!
    20M CW contact is there!!!

So I can get on with my life until the 3Y0Z comes on. That will be a BALLBUSTER from the West Coast!!! Very short prop windows if at all!!

No evidence of Z60A doing digital modes so I will send off for my QsL. I don't need all bands, I was DARN LUCKY to get them on 20!!!

8. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Good deal Pat...pat that Cat for good luck!
    Yeah, I imagine teh 3Y will be the top of the list for DQRM....hopefully, they will be on more than 2 weeks but I suspect after the first week, easier to work if they provide NA with some slot time....

9. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

During the last two 3Y expeditions, they were calling CQ at the end of their stay. And those were shorter in duration compared to the current planned one.

And yet people still complained they didn't work them...

10. WA6MHZ

The issue with the 3Y is not going to be whether we can get thru the pileups, but Propagation in general to them. Very very difficult place in the world to work. We had a Very narrow window to Heard Is. from the West Coast.
    I was only able to get them on Phone.
    With KOSOVO, West Coast only had a incredibly narrow window around 1500-1600Z to work them. I imagine the window will be even tighter on Bouvet!
    I only need them on CW and RTTY (digital)