ad: QuirkyQRP-1

New! DMR/DStar/FUSION/P25 Digital Hotspot Nano-Spot

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Dec 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC3ECJ

KC3ECJ Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the point of these? All people want to do is use their radio 5feet away from it to talk to somebody over the internet who is also sitting 5feet away from theirs? Why not just use Skype or Zello if that is all you are going to do?

2. M6BXG

M6BXG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi KC3ECJ,

Well because we all like to tinker with things that’s what makes HAMS great, we live to mess with stuff, and while Skype is fun, D-STAR puts me touch with who answers at the time I call. I have a raspberry pi and I am considering adding a DV Mega to it, so I can tinker but also communicate from the comfort of my armchair ;-)

Regards

Jim Grove M6BXG

3. N8OBU

N8OBU Ham Member QRZ Page

ordered mine on 12/19 and was told all back orders would ship 1/15/18 but it was a Holiday at the post office still waiting 1/18 /18

4. N8OBU

20 mw should cover 500 feet outside easy uhf only!

5. N8OBU

been 32 day from order date so far i am thinking about canceling too

6. N3CAL

N3CAL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sadly it seems they can't handle any volume of orders. Research on Micro-Node International (Henderson, NV) shows it is only a 2 employee company.

7. W8ZRZ

W8ZRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

iv waited since jan1 so its been 22 days????

8. KK6ZTV

KK6ZTV Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't worry it won't be long It's worth the wait i received mine a week ago like i said it's worth it.

9. K4EKB

K4EKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would not count on receiving one of these. I ordered mine Dec 18th. Nada. No response to email inquiry, either. Filed a complaint via PayPal and he cancelled my order.

10. K4EKB

K4EKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

well, now, this am I got an email saying not cancelled but, rather, SHIPPED.

11. VK3XEM

VK3XEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I ordered mine on the 4th January and have not heard from Mark since. He must be overwhelmed by the orders, but after reading the thread here even though a little disappointed that there has been no update and the 7 -10 day turnaround has long passed I will continue to wait. Mark has proved himself with his support previously with the Nano Node I purchased so I will continue to wait patiently. I would however like to pay for my international shipping to get it out of the way before I spend it, LOL.

12. VK3XEM

VK3XEM Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE="N3FAA, post: 4511718, member: 342226" When I posted on their Facebook page, I got a response within minutes[/QUOTE]

What is there Facebook details?

13. KC1EXL

KC1EXL Ham Member QRZ Page

Might seem like a silly question...can I use my analog Yaesu FT-2900 with this hotspot to access D-Star?

14. N8OBU

no it will not

15. AK9S

AK9S Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I understand your reasoning. On the surface, it really seems to be that way. However, sometimes there is an appeal.

For example, we expanded our weekly Astromony Net's reach from an analog local repeater by creating a Talk Group on DMR. Since moving the Net to DMR, only accessible through a hot-spot, check-ins and traffic have increased significantly and comes from all around the country and even overseas. Our once boring and dying local Net has become re-energized with amazing traffic. And that traffic many times is coming from well-informed people who can really contribute to content and overall discussion. So for us, the concept of digital radio and its reach via a hot-spot was a total game changer.