ad: CQMM-1

New! DMR/DStar/FUSION/P25 Digital Hotspot Nano-Spot

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Dec 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is a complete video on my newest purchase. The Nano-Spot is a self contained digital hotspot that offers all 4 modes, and simple to set up, can be set to use all 4 modes. No need to VNC into it to change to a different mode. Best of all, it has WiFi for tethering to your phone and taking it with you. All the complete details from setup to on air tests are in this video. you should not need to go anywhere else for this information. HamRadioConcepts keeps you informed and educated.

Subscribe to HamRadioConcepts on Youtube, and While I enjoy all the comments here on QRZ from my buddy W1YW, please leave comments on the video on YouTube.

Attached Files:

N9EE, G1HYD, W9QO and 1 other person like this.
  2. W1SRR

W1SRR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I like it! I am looking for something like this..

3. VE5RH

VE5RH QRZ Lifetime Member #257 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Where can these be purchased and how much are they?

4. KC2FQ

KC2FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm guessing this does not contain an AMBE chip so you have to use a real radio to transmit to it? I would love this if it did all of that without the need for a real radio. Just your computer's mic and speakers like the DV4 mini with AMBE for around the same price. I had one but didn't like it and returned it within the return window.

KE4JIT likes this.
  5. KG5RPX

KG5RPX Ham Member QRZ Page

cool!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  6. WB8NXR

WB8NXR Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like this is the link: http://micro-node.com/store/ - They look like they have some neat products in addition to that one for $269.

NU4R likes this.
  7. 2E0GGQ

2E0GGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

This looks like the best hot spot to date, very nice indeed but $269!! not cheap!!

NU4R likes this.
  8. W4WWJ

W4WWJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Will it work on 2 meter?

9. AK9S

AK9S Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Click on the link given above for the product to get your answer....

10. W5DPH

W5DPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Incredible!!! I built a ZUMSPOT with the assistance of several Hams locally and it basically does the same thing, minus not needing to VNC into for setup. I really like this setup tho. Great review!!

11. M6JNA

M6JNA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've not been using any digital modes but I have been listening to both d-star and DMR via my SDR and dsd+

You say you can use a DV4 Mini using a PC mic and headset, how is this acheived? Are there any guides? I have had a quick google but not sure if I am googling the incorrect terms and the different dongles arc confuse the he'l
    out of me.

Thanks
    Neil

12. W2ZDP

W2ZDP Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope you need a RADIO to work it !

13. ND5Y

ND5Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I want to see what's inside it and I want to know if it has bad software like that DV product a while back.

14. ND5Y

ND5Y Ham Member QRZ Page

It has a low power radio inside it and you need another radio to talk to it.

15. KC2FQ

KC2FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't intend to start talking about a competitor's product in this thread but oh well.

When you think about it, why do you need a radio when you're just throwing your voice INTO your computer then down the internet? You're only going over the air from your transmitter to the dongle, then it converts to "internet-ese." They make dongles which include an AMBE chip. That chip allows you to skip transmitting from your HT 3 feet over to the dongle which has a receiver which then converts it to audio and shoves it into the web. Instead you skip the "over the air" in your house part and just talk into your mic and the dongle does what it does and shoves it into the web.

The problem I had with that product was the front end software was poor, hard to use and didn't always work. On paper it was great but using it was a different story.

I hope that at least made SOME sense.

M6JNA likes this.