ad: k1jek

New Digital Petition at the FCC -- RM-11831

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0IDT, Mar 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Friend, you're welcome to say whatever you wish -- you've been "done" several times, now haven't you? Your proposal has caused both some good and a ton of harm to many people. It has significant economic impacts on the lives of quite a few people, and will damage more radio systems than perhaps you knew when you wrote it, were it realized. However, i learned quite a bit -- not only about radio, and modulation, but also about people.

Because of you I got to know, at least superficially, a real expert in the field! A person who has been through some really tough spots and has a lot of wisdom and is trying to BUILD UP others and things in this world. So that was a good outcome. All of us have the potential to help build and grow others. It is a lot of fun and I hope that you are pursuing it in various aspects,, even though I haven't seen you describe any of it here; your posts have mostly been disparaging of others, of organizations etc. You even dig up history as far back as 30 years in your hatred of some groups. Wow!

2. AE7OR

AE7OR Ham Member QRZ Page

Tangent alert: The Paley Center for Media today welcomed FCC Chairman Ajit Pai for a discussion moderated by Theodore Rappaport.

My apologies in advance.

3. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Make no mistake, Ted is a known commodity at the FCC.....

4. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Unbelievable how many on this thread are obsessed and fixated on Dr. Rapapport. Anyone know what he had for lunch today? I'll check my secret messages to see if there's a lunch update and
    report back.

5. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like they make rules based on logic rather than as a reaction to public out cry.... what a novel thought.

KA4DPO likes this.
  6. KB9MWR

The more I think about Ron's proposal, the less I like those possible unintended consequences to the commercial ham market. I'd like to see a stronger editorial from those guys in Newington on these subjects, (The July QST editorial was one of the better ones) in hope of steering the masses rather than hard-line regulations that take decades to undo.

Yes, I think the same can even be said for Pactor. Winmor, and other developments were good side effects of trying to beat its own game, as you put it.

KA9Q likes this.
  7. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know what was in the July QST editorial, can you provide a brief synopsis please? As far as "steering the masses", I wouldn't hold out any hope that the ARRL can do that. They only represent 20% of the licensees, there are still
    a lot of "never ARRL" types out there (going back as far as incentive licensing), and most of their recent FCC initiatives have taken a beating in the ECFS comments. The final thing that caused me to drop out, after 30 years or so, was
    K5UR saying "join us, we're all you've got". There is some hope the new board members can affect change but, it's going to take a lot of time and work to get anyone to listen to the League, if they ever did to begin with.

NL7W and ND6M like this.
  8. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Your list of Hate Crimes against your fellow HAM are infinite.. I have no use for you or your petition! you argue/debate by ignorance of FCC exiting part 97 R&R, insult and attack... I am sure everyone here can see that... lmao. 73 Jerry N9LYA

9. KB9MWR

I hear you Ron.

I'm no ARRL fan boy. They'd have to actually be trying for that to happen.

Small focus on "about contributing to the advancement of the radio art, advancing skills in communications.." This is the best I have seem in a while, and that isn't saying much.
    http://www.arrl.org/files/file/QST/This Month in QST/July2019/July Editorial.pdf

Yeah that arrogance join us, we're all you've got will go a long way ...

KA4DPO and ND6M like this.
  10. KB9MWR

Speaking of ignorance.... For me; I see two guys posts who I am sure look like they are grasping at straws.

Here is a clue: K0IDT isn't one of the guys wearing the dunce cap. I am sure if you sat down you'd see his logic, and he would probably even admit some of his proposal is flawed. Ron gets a cigar for trying to address/tackle something.

It nothing else his proposal seems to have triggered the ARRL to get off its butt.

KA4DPO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.