New CW OPs! SKCC Two Hour Sprint This Evening (4/24)

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by W4HAY, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W4HAY

W4HAY Subscriber

2. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber

Crap. I'm getting on a plane in 3 hours. Oh well. I'll get the next one.

3. N8CPA

N8CPA Premium Subscriber

Thanks for the sit on your A__ and pound some brass promotion! :)

4. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member

I'd be well into that if I didn't have to hit the sack early tonight. Though not sure I'm up to the SKCC Sprint standard yet - more of a "crawl" with me. :eek:

5. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator

"Crawl" is perfectly acceptable. Usual, even.

The only reason it's called a Sprint is that it lasts a mere two hours. Not even long enough to upset Burt.

Most aren't sending very fast. So dust off the bug or straight key and have fun.

Bill

6. N8CPA

N8CPA Premium Subscriber

The only thing disallowed is electronic keying--no keyers, no keyboards.

7. AC0H

AC0H Premium Subscriber

Are you sure about that?

8. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member

Can't make it tonight guys as althought thats a fine time for you fellas for me its a bit to late to be up with a working day the next day.

9. W4HAY

W4HAY Subscriber

10. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member

I might be able to give it a try on that weekend - I'm on a motorcycle trip 11th-13th but will be back by late afternoon on the 13th. As I'm member 9008 of the SKCC it might be nice to have a short QSO with another member for once!

11. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member

Was sprinting last night, most of the east coast looked stormy on my lightning tracker, and not many were on 80M and heard nobody on 160. too much lightning QRN, I guess.
    Made a few good runs on 40M.
    Was using my bug slowed down to 12 WPM but switched to the J-38 for a few QRS CQs and got more stations worked that way.
    A fun evening.

12. W4HAY

W4HAY Subscriber

80 wasn't nearly as bad as expected here. 40 was in good shape, and 20 was quiet with a few stations on the Left Coast coming in nicely. I stuck with the J-38 and 50 Watts this time around.

The Weekend Sprint in May should be interesting with its unusual scoring scheme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.