ad: CQMM-1

New Commander of US Naval Submarine Forces

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W3WN, Aug 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Lucky guy! I have always wanted a submarine!

2. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations to Vice Admiral Richard on your new assignment. Kick ass and don't bother about taking names. Leave that to St. Pete.

P.S. I am a Commodore in the Cajun French Navy, so I can deploy my ships to any sighting of shrimp or crayfish in the Gulf of Mexico. If I tell them there are Vietnamese or Texans stealing their seafood, they can sink a cruiser, corvette, or frigate. Just let me know what you need. I'll translate it into French for you.

Cajun-Navy.png

N5PZJ likes this.
  3. KG5FZ

KG5FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

12 years on the "boats" and I concur they are our best stealth weapon!

N5PZJ likes this.
  4. KI7GST

KI7GST Ham Member QRZ Page

So what antenna do I need to contact a submarine ??

5. N5SUN

N5SUN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The carriers are not that defenseless. When you consider the missile cruisers and Phalax as defenses plus other layers of its defense. Not to mention the new systems coming out that will keep the carriers projection of force very viable. It will take a pretty lucky missile to hit the carrier.

K4IIN likes this.
  6. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mais cher, nous son le Armada des Acadiens! Nous son fierons! Oh Dear, We are the Cajun Navy, we are proud!

Thibodaux Amateur Radio Club!

Too bad I can't give you two likes.

KY5U likes this.
  7. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Man talk about le Armada des Acadians done give me the frissons!

N5PZJ likes this.
  8. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

9. AF7XT

10. NE7NE

NE7NE Ham Member QRZ Page

A very L O N G wire, about 5 miles should do.

11. AF7XT

Operating frequency is "around" 24.8 KHz .
    Power supply is a small hydro electric installation .
    Antenna is several miles of cable strung from ridge line to ridge line across a valley.
    Tuning elements are housed in a building approximately the size of a basketball court and nearly 60 feet tall. The "room" walls are completely covered in copper.
    See Boeing E6-B Mercury for the airborne version.

12. W6MQI

W6MQI Ham Member QRZ Page

Might be able to hear some thing here http://198.40.45.23:8075/ there's a tag for NLK not sure what one might hear probably just some weird digital sounds.

13. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Le tee juge et Notairie de Lafourche Sud conici' bien le francais, ma mere fue un Pitre, ma espouse c'est un Guidry!

Dat admiral is a Richard, good Acadian Name, may he strike fear in our enemies and bring comfort to our Allies.

14. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well I'm sure with the ADMIRAL'S EXPERTISE he'd make his station work with a great rig like the "ELECRAFT K-LINE" like myself and thousands of others !!! :)

15. AF7XT