Never paid for purchase and does not return messages

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KA1CVV, Jun 25, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KA1CVV

KA1CVV Ham Member QRZ Page

Joe N8YAC of Lorain Ohio has not paid for item I sold him. I have left many message and no return messages.
    I am now filing mail scam with the Post Office over this transaction. And next if I hear nothing to file small claims action with the court in his county in Ohio.
    I have never had this happen to me in a Hobby related item and have sold many stuff both in Ham Radio & Radio Controlled and everyone has came thru with payment.

Thanks 73 de KA1CVv

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

A little more detail about the transaction would be helpful and did you actually ship something to him before receiving payment?

KD8DEY, WB4IVF, KS4W and 2 others like this.
  3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I must be missing something. I read you sold this person an item. You are waiting on payment to arrive but he is not sending payment. So how does that anything to do with the post office to where you can file mail fraud?
    The only thing that might rise to mail fraud is if you sent him the item before he paid which no one would send an item to a stranger before he pays.

So what am I missing that makes it mail fraud?

John, WB0MPB
    EDIT: You said, "file small claims action with the court in his county in Ohio." If you do that are you not going to have to go to Ohio to be in court? That sounds expensive.
    Seems like you should just forget the guy and advertise your item again and sell it to someone that will pay you.
    Just my opinion.

KD8DEY, WB4IVF, KS4W and 1 other person like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Just remember that anything you post here cannot be removed Later....

Dave
    W7UUU

K9ASE, WB4IVF, N3AB and 2 others like this.
  5. WW1SS

WW1SS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here . . . Did you send the item. If there was a mail fraud every time someone said "check is in the mail" no one would be able to deliver mail. They would all be investigating mail fraud.

KP4SX likes this.
  6. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

C'mon, we're dying for an update. Would love to hear your answers to the questions posed.

WB0MPB, KP4SX, K9ASE and 1 other person like this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup, can't delete knee-jerk posts ;)

W7UUU likes this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Was it sold or was it stold ?

9. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It is interesting that @KA1CVV does not come around anymore!
    But if I sold an item and the buyer did not pay I guess I would not get on here and whine. I would just sell it to someone else. Who knows what happened to the guy that was "going" to buy it. He might be in the hospital or he might have even died. Am I wrong in my thinking?

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

There's some irony there!

WB0MPB and AJ4GQ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.