ad: elecraft

Nellie Ohr: Ham radio not used for Russia contacts

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0PV, Mar 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N3EG

N3EG Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a transverter from the Ukraine once...I'll have to check the instruction sheet for encrypted spy messages.

KF4ZKU likes this.
  2. KJ7WT

KJ7WT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is amazing! Jamie is obviously a smart, very driven individual. I hope that someone can figure out how to restore his original (1.0!) voice, but in the meantime, iut's so cool how technology can help people with issues such as this. Good on him!

W0PV likes this.
  3. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Cracked up at some of the wit on this subject :cool:

G3SEA/KH6

4. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed. Who watches the watchmen?

I seem to recall a saying about trading freedom for safety and ending up with neither.

KF4ZKU, G3SEA and N8QWS like this.
  5. N8QWS

N8QWS Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems Nellie was doing some questionable things with Fusion GPS who was in direct and indirect contact with foreign agents and one has to wonder why they are still being deceptive.. Lets face it Amateur radio does offer worldwide communications even to Tech class operators thru internet and other links like satellite store and forward which can be done even with an HT and a laptop/smart phone.. We know there are foreign birds that listen so at this stage of sedition asking about her Ham exposure seems part of comprehensive questioning.. Just as asking if they own a PlayStation or Xbox since it was also proven that they were being used for covert comms..

6. N8QWS

Sad but so true

7. N8QWS

It seems that hard coded instructions built into some Bluetooth chipsets reach out to form bridges on their own.. A certain Chinese 5G company has already been caught embedding such tech into their gear along with chipsets made in China for all sorts of hardware.. It seems we are looking at the wrong bad guys here..

KR3DX likes this.
  8. N8QWS

Then why oh why are you bothering to tune in here??? Just like any other vast space to communicate there are plenty of other Qs going on elsewhere............

K3XR likes this.
  9. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, there's been many systems used to perform communications "off the grid". I recall reading about how laundry detergent was being used as a means of keeping money transfers off the books. I don't recall all the details but apparently it was a common means of making a trade for illegal drugs and other items. Why laundry detergent? I guess everyone wants a clean pair of undies.

So, do they have a "cache" of laundry detergent? If so then they must be dealing in heroin.

10. KD2IYI

KD2IYI Ham Member QRZ Page

"Are you now or have you ever been a ham?"

VA6WWW and WN1MB like this.
  11. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

It already did.

We do not need any collusion here. :rolleyes:

12. W4JSG

W4JSG Ham Member QRZ Page

I really would have said, "My interest in ham radio is to contact as many countries as I can, and as many operators in said countries, as I possibly can. No, no, I have no interest in em-comms or anything ridiculous like that. I communicate with the world." But then, I grew up in the 1980s...

13. KG5JAW

KG5JAW Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope. You can hang it up, LOL! 73 to ya de KG5JAW.

NH6RF likes this.
  14. K7ART

K7ART Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  15. KD4UMU

KD4UMU Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a HAM radio out in the shed. I talk to the Russians, Lucy and Ed.
    If you understand this, you may be from Kentucky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.