ad: chuckmartin

Neighbor complaint YOU HAVE TO READ THIS ONE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W9RTB, Nov 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You might try hanging this sign near your antenna, or maybe near where the cable comes into the house.
    [​IMG]

KB1ILS, M0KBO, KU4X and 2 others like this.
  2. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in my CB days in San Antonio I made friends with an old retired trucker who had 2 pacemakers. One for start and one for stop. He also had a really nice Cobra base station GTL type. He wanted to put up a tower and run power so he could talk farther. he decided to build his own tower out of water pipe and strap metal using an old arc welder (remember this is CB we're talking about). We didn't hear him on the channel for several days and found out from his son that he had died. Speculation was that as he was bent over welding the RF from the arc was too much.

3. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

You might inquire if she's receiving paid programming in her head, and threaten to turn her in for theft of services...

W5ZQI, KD8DEY and N9SOX like this.
  4. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think most folk are scared by things that they don't understand. I, personally, am scared by politicians. :D The OP should fabricate a suitable hat from aluminum foil and present it to the complainer, with the admonition that it's top secret and she should not wear it in public. :D

N1ZPY, KD4MOJ, WA8FOZ and 1 other person like this.
  5. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And then, there was the renowned moonbouncer whose neighbor accused his antenna of making her cat sterile...

6. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When I was a kid on the farm, with a DX-60 and a 40-meter dipole, a fellow down the road was convinced that my "radio" was causing his cows to give bloody milk. When he was advised that I had been away during one of his complaints, he asserted that my parents must be "using the radio." We ignored him, and eventually he died.

Ignore this person. If the harassment persists, consider getting a lawyer. to write a letter or take other appropriate action.

7. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

None of my neighbors know I'm an amateur because I don't tell them. My 80 meter dipole is pretty much hidden among the trees in the backyard. No one has ever said a word to me about interference.

N1WTT likes this.
  8. N5AL

N5AL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems like every neighborhood has the problematic neighbor.

In my case, she was about 26 years old, blonde and very attractive. She would wander about the neighborhood, telling people what color they should paint their house or how they should landscape their property. She started a petition to get another neighbor to take down his fence. That neighbor lived on a different street and his fence was not even visible from her property. Nobody would sign the petition.

The crazy lady dropped by my house one day to angrily complain that my kids were drinking beer in the vacant lot beside her house and then discarding the empty cans. At the time, my kids were 4 and 8 years old. I don't think they were the culprits!

In time, everyone just ignored the crazy lady's antics.

9. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a neighbor's son two houses down from me knock on my door one night when I was on the air (I was running an amp chasing some dxpedition). It seems I was getting into his computer. I guess he has a "twitch" channel and does a lot of video broadcasting w/ subscribers who pay to watch whatever it is he is broadcasting. At one point I logged into his "channel" to see the problem for myself. Sure enough, I could hear some v's as I sent them, or a garbled voice if I said something. He was polite about it, and didn't want to interfere with what I wanted to do. Not wanting to interfere with someone's source of income, I decided to assist him. I'm guessing an audio cable of some sort is picking me up. I did a little research and found the correct RF chokes and sent him a link of what to get and how to use them. He purchased the chokes and applied them and he hasn't heard me since.

KU4X, KD4MOJ and WN1MB like this.
  10. WA9UAA

WA9UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Not resonant, rectifying junctions in the filling material. 73, Rob WA9UAA