Neighbor complaint YOU HAVE TO READ THIS ONE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W9RTB, Nov 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Call the FAA... that's funny. Tell her the people she needs is the FCC two doors down, just past the FBI.

WA4BCS likes this.
  2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

"Hello FAA? ...I would like to report a 15' tall antenna sticking out of the ground in my neighborhood. I can hear voices coming from it inside my walls at night."

Click... dial tone...

3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

No, no, no.

The line should be...

“The FBI are free, but they’re a little bit conciliatory. Try the FCC, Room 12A, just along the corridor!”

WU8Y, KV6O, N2UHC and 3 others like this.
  4. W5TTW

W5TTW Ham Member QRZ Page

Is she hot? If so, tell her that you will need to spend the night with her in order to hear what she is talking about. :cool:

5. W0MSN

W0MSN Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't had time to read every posting so this might have been mentioned. There is a known condition where some people hear music or voices when a fan is running in close proximity. It is related to the white noise and harmonics caused by the spinning fan. I knew someone who would hear music and could name the song. It would always be a song that they were familiar with. Their mind creates the sounds. Un plug the fan and it stops. Google it.. it's very interesting.

6. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Or ... Captain Peacock to FCC, are you free Mr. FCC?

7. K0MB

K0MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Listen,I solved this many posts ago; you weren't paying attention.

WZ7U likes this.
  8. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, she claimed she was picking up spy boradcasts in Morse during WW2. She was on the Johnny Carson Tonight Show when I saw her claiming this.

9. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hams not only rag chew on air, they rag chew in these forums. Its moved on, but its not yet an ex-parrot.

10. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Admittedly, I am jumping to the end of the thread without reading every post. It seems like they did some kind of research and came to the conclusion that it was your station that they are hearing. Since they seem to be a little receptive to "evidence", show them your log. How does it compare with the times she is complaining about? Show her the FCC regulation that forbids broadcasting of music. Explain that you speak English, not some foreign language.

THEN, ask them to call you the next time it happens. You may have to run over there at 2am, but they cannot accuse you of interference if you are standing in their living room while it's occurring. If you do hear a broadcast in their house, you are a ham so you've got a "unique set of skills" that would go a long way to identifying the source of the noise. Educate them while solving the problem for them. Don't waste energy fighting. :)