ad: CrossCountry-1

Negligent hams

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by N7IHB, Oct 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Something is wrong there! I don't think I've ever had a dxpedition not reply.

2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Perhaps he was including "amateur" DXpeditions in his total.

3. N2SUB

N2SUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, my initial thought is that the WAS nets predate QRZ, LOTW, and eQSL by decades in most cases. They were started to exchange QSL cards. You are assuming that these stations use online logbooks, which is not a given. Most WAS nets have their own logging system and their own set of awards. WAS is just one of them. In the case of OMISS, stations indicate whether the participate in LOTW/eQSL. It's kind of a crap shoot. However, every time I've worked a station I've received a card. If you're looking for an ARRL WAS, you can combine cards and online confirmations.

Where can I find a list of your steps? OMISS has their list of steps here, and it says nothing about LOTW, QRZ and eQSL. In fact, they only require a log of your contacts because they can confirm them from the net rosters.
    http://www.omiss.net/Facelift/Awards/awardMain.php

There is never a requirement to QSL a contact, and certainly no direction on the means by which a station QSLs. I see no negligence here, just unreasonable expectation. My pet peeve about some hams is that they have an over-inflated sense of entitlement. But that's another soap box. Why can't we leave each other alone to enjoy the hobby in the way we find the most enjoyable?

WG7X likes this.
  4. KC1FOZ

KC1FOZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good morning all.
    Great topic Joe.
    Here is my situation,I have made all necessary contacts for World Continents Award but have two that have not confirmed on QRZ,BUT have all confirmations on LOTW.
    I attempted an email request to confirm without any luck.
    So if I can provide proof of contacts,will QRZ honor this ?
    In closing thank you very much.

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Enable LoTW Access at Logbook SETTINGS - https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.qrz.com/static/qrz/lotw_cert_guide.pdf