ad: Mircules-1

Need to schedule a Delaware QSO for WAS!!! Not much time left for me to do it.....

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by W7UUU, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Delaware hams: PSE sked with me for WAS - SSB or CW, 10-15-20-30-40!!

My ONLY "holdout state" for WAS as WB7AWK is Delaware! I've always been
    mostly a "ragchew" sort of guy - 37 years a ham, Extra (20-WPM sort) since
    1997, Novice (WN7AWK) in 1975.....

But I have NEVER confirmed a Delaware QSO!! (Worked a number over the
    years, but ZILCH in the QSL department in all this time!).

I just did an accounting of my cards, and Delaware is my HOLDOUT STATE!!!

I really want to earn my WAS with my WB7AWK call - I have a vanity application
    in place (15 days waiting time left to go) for a new call. So I have time to make
    and confirm a QSO with Delaware QSO before then... especially easy since
    10-15-20 have been WiLDLY open of late and should continue to be so.

And yes, I realize that even after my Vanity call is granted, all those old QSL
    cards would still apply.... (some dating back to 1975!)... but given I have only
    ONE STATE left to confirm under WB7AWK, that would mean a LOT to me!!!

So: Any Delaware hams on here that can work a SKED with me??? I travel
    a lot for business.... but Sunday December 2nd is totally OPEN..... I can be
    here all day while the sun is up (and the high bands open!).... SSB or CW....
    CW would be preferred but USB is totally OK too... maybe we could do BOTH,
    start on SSB and QSY to CW??? Or JUST SSB!!!! Or CW to start, the SSB
    for a SSB endorsement some day (49 of my confirmed states are CW!!)

So ... Delawarians...... please come forward and let's schedule this thing, Zulu time!

73's - EMAIL is WB7AWK@gmail.com to sked that way instead of via this Forum....

Dave WB7AWK
    (Very soon to be W7xxx - don't want to jinx it, so can't reveal it just yet!)

2. W8ZNX

W8ZNX Subscriber QRZ Page

if it means so much to you why did you change your call

begging for skeds on the internet?

you should have been able to work Delaware
    at least twice during CW es fone SS

catch the state every time i work SS

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Subscriber QRZ Page

Just try to QSL some of the past DE QSOs if you want to have WAS under the old callsign. Look them up on FCC ULS or QRZ to get an address. Send a nice letter explaining the situation, include a fresh QSL card from you, return postage & envelope, and maybe even a generic postcard with the QSO information already on it and just ask them to initial it and return it. Even if they're no longer active, they still might respond. Assuming they're not SK.

4. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

or an email....

5. NN4RH

NN4RH Subscriber QRZ Page

An email would probably be ignored. It's harder for someone to ignore physical mail especially if the return is already paid for.

An email doesn't count for QSL credit, anyway. ARRL will only accept a real QSL card, or a LOTW QSL.

6. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I meant an email explaining the situation :)

but you are right, an email may be ignored.

The good part about doing it your way is that even if his call changes, it would be under his old call!

7. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Tony N3ME is very easy to work in many contests (I don't know if he's going to be on this weekend in the ARRL 160) and he does QSL.

Don't have an email for him, but drop a note to his son, Bernie W3UR.

I was going to suggest contacting Rick WW3DE, who'd been very active since moving to DE after retiring from the League, but I now see that since October, he's WW1ME. No idea that he'd moved back up to New England!

GL

8. AB3RI

AB3RI Ham Member QRZ Page

I may be able to help you, if nobody else steps up, for 10/15/20/30 on SSB and CW. I may even be able to work 40M but I'm not sure if my antenna is setup for that band.
    I've been off of HF for about a year now due to an antenna failure and I haven't been able to totally replace my installation. I have a multiband vertical up now, but I have not yet run the new coax into the house. I can temporarily run the coax through the door and into the basement to get on the air, though.

My email is listed under my QRZ call lookup.

Best,
    Brian

p.s. I'm guessing that this thread will be moved to the SKED-QSO-Scheduling forum.

9. W7UUU

Thanks so much Brian - I'll email you via your QRZ listing. I'm leaving to go out of town on
    business until Friday, but maybe we can shoot for this weekend on 10, 15 or 20 meters. If
    conditions are good, perhaps we can do SSB first followed by CW

And sorry if I posted in the wrong section everyone....

Dave
    WB7AWK

edit: Email sent!!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  10. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

And if Brian can't do it, I'll serve as backup.

SSB and RTTY are my preferred modes. PSK and SSTV are also do-able. No CW, however.

15m would probably be best, as I have a 4-element beam on that band. Everywhere else I use wire antennas.

11. W7UUU

Super! Why not join in "just in case"? Maybe I can end my old call with TWO cards from DE!

QSO attempt with Brian is at 19:00 UTC (2:00 EST) at 14.225, up 5 increments as needed for QRM.

So maybe you and I can give it a go at 19:30 At 21.300 (up 5 incrementally per QRM)??

Looking forward to it!! Thanks so much guys!

Dave
    WB7AWK

12. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Brian and I are only 14 air miles apart, so I may be able to hear him via groundwave. I'll simply listen for both of you at 19:00 on Sunday.

13. AB3RI

Jim, doesn't the protection order state that we must keep at least 15 miles apart? :p

14. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

CQ DE

Just for curiosity I checked my 60M log and found 4 Delaware stations contacted on CW since March of this year. I may be a lot closer than AWK and don't care about paper QSL cards but this is only one, very, underused band !
    Just get on the band with the right propagation and call "CQ DE" until you get one.

15. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

For whose protection, though? ;)

16. AB3RI

Your avatar should give you a hint. :rolleyes:
    Actually, nothing good can come from the both of us being in the same location. :cool:

17. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

What? Beating a dead horse is the epitome of this place.

You do the "beeping" and I'll do the talking. What could go wrong? :p

18. AB3RI

Sadly, I know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

19. W7UUU

Looking forward to our Sked tomorrow.... don't be late! woohoo!!!

Dave
    WB7AWK

20. AB3RI

I'll be there, I'll be there. I will be there.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.