ad: UR5CDXcom-1

Need Replacement Microphone for Kenwood 241

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by WB4KFO, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB4KFO

    WB4KFO Ham Member QRZ Page

    As the title says I need a reliable mike for the TM-241A for indoor fixed station use. Prefer mobile mike for space but will consider a base mike. It takes the round 8 pin plug. Thanks for any replys.
  2. W9GB

    W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page


    Wm -

    The Kenwood transceivers use dynamic microphone elements typically 150-600 Z ohms (impedance).
    The TM-241A uses a dynamic microphone with an impedance (Z) of 600 ohms. Pages 6 and 7 of your Owner's Manual

    SO, you can use a wide variety of used and surplus microphones (Public Address, LandMobile, CitizensBand) ..
    as long as they are ~ 150-600 Z impedance and you properly wire up the 8-pin circular (Foster) microphone connector.
    That proper wiring is in your TM-241A Owner's Manual

    The Kenwood MC-43 is their common hand microphone used on many of their radios (and has 8-pin connector already installed).

    IF you desire new (currrent production mike) then the Shure 527B hand microphone is a good choice.
    You want the "B" version, NOT the "C" (carbon) version.

    The Shure 514B is another option. The Shure 527B and 514B will require installing the 8-pin circular microphone connector
    DO a GOOGLE search on that Shure product name -- and you will find hundreds of sources -- even the Guitar Center retail outlets!

    IF you desire a DTMF microphone OR a special featured microphone that was shiped with the radio --
    THEN the search becomes longer to find a used microphone OR repair one that is damaged.

    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  3. WB4KFO

    WB4KFO Ham Member QRZ Page

    Thanks very much. Sorry for the delayed reply. 73, Bill.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

ad: Flexradio-1