Need a Forum to share .stl files to 3D print

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KM4BDH, Aug 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

No guns or sex toys allowed. :rolleyes:

2. KM4BDH

KM4BDH Ham Member QRZ Page

Us robotics has pretty good quality stuff. which type of tirmistor does it use? I've also had success with matterhackers.

3. KM4BDH

i also order a lot of consumables from Ali express(Alibaba). It takes a couple weeks to get here but the prices are good.

4. KC9YGN

KC9YGN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I was getting them directly from Flashforge. My son did some digging into the issue and thinks that a bad batch with the wrong type of wire got into the supply chain. It happens. The ones he's running now haven't had the same issue so hopefully the ones with the wrong wires aren't out there anymore.

5. KC9YGN

Ah, well, consumer grade 3D printers don't do a very good job making either of those things in any case. Wrong type of plastics, tolerances of the print head position systems isn't tight enough, the surfaces are actually rough and porous, etc. Frankly, I wouldn't want to be within a hundred yards of someone trying to actually fire a weapon done with a consumer grade 3D printer.

6. KC9YGN

I get filament from Amazon, forget the exact brand now, I'd have to look it up. The quality has been quite good and the prices aren't bad.

I really need to get the thing back from my son or buy another one. I miss playing with the thing :)

7. KM4BDH

Check out aliexpress as i got my open frame printer for about 150.00. I would recommend upgrading the hotend to the v6 E3D all metal hotend. i usually order my filament from wyzworks. they are about 20.00/ 1kg spool ABS or PLA.