ad: SteppIR-1

National Echolink Node Locator Map

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by KG4KWW, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KG4KWW

KG4KWW Banned

This is great for locating Echolink nodes along a route that you may plan to use when traveling. If you are flying or taking the train to a city for Biz and you are bringing an HT, this map can show you where the Echolink repeaters are in the City you will be traveling to.

Check it out and add a repeater node or a link node to a repeater.

To get node info, just place mouse pointer over the node site which is depicted by a black box. To get more detailed info, click on the node call sign and a box will appear in the upper right of the map screen.

Check it and have fun.

National Echolink Node Locator Map

2. KD6NIG

KD6NIG Ham Member

Not bad, though its missing one I know is enabled. I'll tell my friend, he knows the repeater owner. Probably needs to submit his info.

3. WA5TTS

WA5TTS Ham Member

Thanks for the map. I know many nodes are missing but it's a start....

4. AI4EP

AI4EP Ham Member

[​IMG] Why is District 4 in red ?

5. W5ALT

W5ALT Ham Member

I give up. Tell us why 4 is a red light district ...

6. W6TMI

W6TMI XML Subscriber

BEcasue you voted for Bush..
    [​IMG]

7. AI4EP

AI4EP Ham Member

Ohhh...so that is the reason.

[​IMG]

8. KG4KWW

KG4KWW Banned

I'm glad this map is available, now if only the ARRL would add this info to the travel plus software.

9. AI4EP

AI4EP Ham Member

Why is district 7 all in yellow ? Shouldnt the yellow color be for another number ? [​IMG]

10. KG4KWW

KG4KWW Banned

11. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member

I thought the title was:

National Echolink Nude Locator Map...

Oh well.

73, K3VR

12. W5ALT

W5ALT Ham Member

Speaking of which ....

Did you know they're opening a Hooter's in Maracaibo next week?

As my dear wife says: "Why pay for firewood when you're in the forest?" Honest, that's what she said.

Can you believe there are no Echolink nodes here, but there will be a Hooter's.

Walt, W5ALT

13. KF0RT

KF0RT Ham Member

You're livin' large, Walt. [​IMG] [​IMG]

73, Rob
    WeWantPictures, CO

14. KG4KWW

KG4KWW Banned

Ok Dudes, lets get back on topic. I can tell that you all find no fault with this map. Now, dudes, add some more nodes to it.

Also, Echolink and IRLP will be added to the field day approved list of qso's for next year.

15. WZ4I

WZ4I Ham Member

Along with AOL Instant Messenger, and Verizon?

What would your exchange be?

1DialUp Virginia?

16. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member

Copy your 1-dialup/VA...please copy T3/Ohio...I say again, T3/Ohio - under-under? [​IMG]

17. KC2PFV

KC2PFV Ham Member

Awesome. I love Echolink and IRLP. Of course, I use RF when available.... Echolink and IRLP were very useful when local repeaters are down and I needed to check into a traffic net that was on the linked repeater system.

I also enjoy talking all around the world, on my TECH license. Now don't criticize me for enjoying what hams are meant to enjoy, communication..... When I upgrade to General, when the time comes, I'll be able to talk when conditions are right. Sometimes, I just want to talk to a fellow amateur across the Pond so I hop onto the local IRLP repeater (over RF) and key in a node number, state my call sign and then chat it up with someone who is also connecting to the node via RF. It may not be 100% Amateur Radio, but it is still great for those of us who are unable to get on HF right now.

-KC2PFV

18. WZ4I

WZ4I Ham Member

I'm jealous.

You get to be a T3!

But anyhow, hope to hear ya next weekend. Listen for K4KQ on all HF RADIO bands, and on a couple of the satellites.

19. W5ALT

W5ALT Ham Member

Actually I think the nude locator map would be more interesting.

Unless it's of hams. I think I'm going to be sick ...

Walt, W5ALT

20. KD6NIG

KD6NIG Ham Member

I'd like to know who at the ARRL informed you of that. I'm guessing if they approved it for Field day, they'll be approving it for all thier awards also.

In which case, I better get yahoo instant messenger installed. Echolink doesn't like my router, but YIM works just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.