ad: MyersEng-1

NASA Wallops ARC W4WFF Tangier Island IOTA

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K4APR, Apr 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K4APR

K4APR Ham Member QRZ Page

On May 13th, the NASA Wallops Amateur Radio Club will activate Tangier Island NA-083 during the times of 1500-2000 UTC. We plan to have a special QSL card available for any confirmed QSO's with the IOTA station. QSL information will be provided on the club's QRZ page, as well as:

https://sites.wff.nasa.gov/warc/tangieriota.htm

Thanks!
    Jason - KE4NYV
    WARC President

2. K4APR

Due to poor weather conditions and rough sea state, we will be suspending this trip. We're currently looking at June 10th as the reschedule date. I will post here to confirm once it has been decided on.

Thanks!
    Jason - KE4NYV
    WARC President

K4NDN likes this.
  3. K4APR

We will be activating on Tangier Island tomorrow (June 10th) from 1500-2000 UTC on 20m and 40m SSB and PSK31.

Thanks!
    Jason - KE4NYV
    WARC President

4. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Shucks... No CW... :(

AD5KO likes this.
  5. K4APR

We only had one CW op with us and he did not feel comfortable working pile ups.

6. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tis OK, I listened on ssb and could barely hear you at all, cndx were not good for relatively short range.

Hope you made lots of contacts!

7. N3JS

N3JS Ham Member QRZ Page

We had a pretty fun run for our first club "expedition". We made 177 QSOs, all on 20 meters. 8 PSK and 169 SSB. Contacts included Brazil, Finland, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and a DL who was maritime mobile in the North Atlantic.

Just finished getting the QSOs from paper into logging software. The log is now on ClubLog - https://secure.clublog.org/logsearch/W4WFF/P - if you made a QSO with us and need an email confirmation for the US Islands program, email me (N3JS) at my QRZ email address. We hope to have our paper QSL cards from the printer next week, and we'll start replying to those who have sent cards then.

Jeff N3JS