My remodeled shack

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KL7AJ, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, here it is

2. KD7MSC

KD7MSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice

That looks great Eric! What did you do with your old chair? You know the one from that other thread. :D

Sean

3. KL7AJ

It's still there...but I'm getting a couple of new barstools, cuz the bench is a bit higher now. Keeps my fellow contesters on their toes. :)

Eric

4. W4SUL

W4SUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice. Tho I'm from Kodiak, I'd settle in the North Pole area in a heart beat. For now I'm stuck in Florida...

Sparrow

5. KL7AJ

Long way from home, arencha? ^_^

eric

6. KI6USW

KI6USW Ham Member QRZ Page

How about the antenna situation?
    What kinds of problems do you face and how do you deal with them in this extreme? I'm sure a Yagi would get twisted into a pretzel; so what are you using? A vertical? Surely, a dipole would fall after a short time with all of the ice buildup.
    How do you cope - away up north???

7. W4SUL

W4SUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. I took a year off work in '98 and took my Florida wife and kids on a road trip that took us all the way from Sarasota to the Santa Land RV park for a summer of fun. My yl had never really seen a mountain before. I drove her to the base of Denali... Was my 8th trip up and down the Alaska Highway.

Sparrow

8. KC7UP

KC7UP Ham Member QRZ Page

Eric the shack should be nice and warm with all those tubes glowing.
    Curt

9. KL7AJ

We actually don't have icing conditions here, and almost no wind...just cold temperatures. About the only real antenna probllem we have is rotators freezing solid, so phased arrays are pretty popular. Or, you just be sure your Yagi is pointing where you want it before winter sets in. :)

Eric

10. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

I HAVE SOME PICS FER YALL THAT WONDER HOW WE COPE WITH ICE STORMS AND ALOT OF WIND!!!

you will be amused im sure, just have to wait till daylight so I can go take the camera out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.