My Ham Radio Social Circle

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KA4EET, Mar 10, 2012.

?

Ham Radio Socially. Where is your Preference?

1. I only get on the same frequencies and always qso with the same ham group or net.

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. I have a favorite net or ham group, but like to have new qso's occasionally.

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I like to get on to have new qso's, but I still have an occasional group or net I meet with.

17 vote(s)
    40.5%
  4. I only get on to have new qso’s and meet new people.

17 vote(s)
    40.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KA4EET

KA4EET Ham Member

I have ham friends that only get on the bands to Call CQ and Ragchew. I also friends that only get on to talk in Nets or meet with the same hams on the same frequencies each day. I was just wondering how this all breaks down. Which one would you most likely fit in?
    1) I only get on the same frequencies and always qso with the same ham group or net.
    2) I have a favorite net or ham group, but like to have new qso's occasionally.
    3) I like to get on to have new qso's, but I still have an occasional group or net I meet with.
    4) I only get on to have new qso’s and meet new people.

2. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member

Kind of a mix. I do talk to the same groups of people at similar times as well as check-in to nets but I also like to have QSO's with random people. Im not a fan of short contacts by any means. Id rather have an actual conversation. =)

So #3 is the closest option.

3. N0SYA

N0SYA Ham Member

I operate as a machine. Working only new contacts in wich signal reports are exchanged. This is the future of ham radio. You will be assmiliated.

4. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member

I work only new countries, bands or modes don't care for bag chewing. Do enjoy a good technical discussion about radio or any of it's aspects with knowledgeable people that I can learn from. I read a lot while listening to the radio and watching spotting programs find it very rewarding to even make small advancements or improvements to my station from what I learn.

5. KL2TC

KL2TC Ham Member

I like the nets that I belong to and find the way the propagation is behaving to be very interesting. I also love meeting new people and occasionally working old friends.

Al - KL2TC

6. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member

Ragchew all the way....
    I have my group I get together with regularly and a few others I talk to from time to time.
    :)

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member

I am somewhat between answer 3 and 4.
    I like calling CQ on the old novice portion of 40M to help new operators, working other SKCC members and general rag chewing on CW.
    Sometimes answer higher speed CQs to keep my speed up.
    Just started meeting CW ops on 60M, many I have worked on other bands before.

8. N7GH

N7GH XML Subscriber

I DX on HF and usually just look for new contacts there, but ragchew on VHF/UFH on the nets.

9. K2MMO

K2MMO Premium Subscriber

Get on to have QSO's with new operators or talk to friends if they are on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.