ad: elecraft

My Alpha Magnetic Loop Antenna Survived Hurricane Matthew 10 -7- 2016

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4CPR, Oct 23, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N4CPR

N4CPR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ham radio station KB3MBS was a spotting station for the national hurricane center in miami florida. He was located in maryland accepting weather information from station in the effected areas of hurricane matthew.

This was a great QSO while a cat-3 hurricane was taking place along the eastern shore of central florida.

So this means when I made my contact to K3MBS my antenna was facing south and north which means the right side of the antenna was to the north. So the signal had to go through the firewall between my condo and the 2 condo's behind me through them then outside to send the the contact north to maryland.

Thank you Steve from Alpha Antenna for making a great antenna that weathered the storm.

The alpha magnetic loop antenna was used inside of my condo in sanford,florida which is constructed with metal framing inside the walls and chicken wire with stucco cement outside wall.

I used a yaesu ft-817nd qrp ham radio 5 watts connected to a 80AH AGM dura cell battery connected to a 100 watt renogy solar panel on the balcony of the condo.

Prepare for the worst and pray for the best,

Mike
    N4CPR

OH8STN, N6OPS, AC7DD and 2 others like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

This is news?

I mean....really.

Nice testamonial though.

3. K7LZR

K7LZR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good advertising for Alpha I suppose but more appropriate in the forum.....