Music of the Meteors Live

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K7DAN, Aug 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N6NKS

N6NKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N6NKS: Between approx. 0400 UT to past 1500 UT - 13 August 2019, I recorded a handful of FM broadcast frequencies (94.1/95.1/94.7/101.3 MHz) to audio-record FM BCB Ms, and the results were amazing! I employed a Sony STV-7 FM tuner to a ground-plane antenna (omni-directional) up 7m on my lattice tower, located at Keeler, CA, and there were frequent LONG-BURSTS of over 20 to 30 seconds duration throughout the recording/sampling period. About 24 to 26 hours later, the Perseids Ms were way down by over 75% from the near-peak period that I made 7 hours of FM broadcast-band recordings. Alas, I am not active on 6m this year nor was I in 2018 from semi rare DM16 (alas!), but I did make certain I monitored the half-empty FM band here in the southern Owens Valley of eastern, California to ascertain the peak Ms amounts. Processing of the several (long) audio-files is now beginning, and they will be presented at this link:

https://archive.org/details/FmAndTvDxlong-distanceReceptionviaSporadic-eSkipAndMeteor-scatter

On about 20 August 2019 these files should be available (and you can now check out earlier Ms audio files made via FM and TV-band Dxing - video carriesr on the former NTSC channel 2 (three sub-frequency "offsets" also). are at this above link! It if super great others have been doing Ms work! 73 - Steve - N6NKS